• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nuneaton to Redditch CDR validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn5775

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2021
Messages
61
Location
North Warwickshire
Hi all,

I've travelled today from Nuneaton to Redditch via Birmingham New Street, but when I bought my ticket I forgot that there is a restriction on return time on the Off Peak Day Return (CDR) ticket.

Does the restriction apply on the entire return journey i.e. between Redditch and New Street or just the XC part between BHM and NUN?

Secondly, is the ticket valid Redditch - Lichfield Trent Valley - Nuneaton so I can avoid XC on the way back?

Thank you in advance.

Steve.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,768
Location
UK
Hi all,

I've travelled today from Nuneaton to Redditch via Birmingham New Street but when I bought my ticket I forgot that there is a restriction on return time on the off peak day return ticket.

Does the restriction apply on the entire return journey i.e. between Redditch and New Street or just the XC part between BHM and NUN?

Secondly, is the ticket valid Redditch - Lichfield Trent Valley - Nuneaton so I can avoid XC on the way back?

Thank you in advance.

Steve.
The restriction applies to all trains, though I imagine that WMT guards would be more likely to apply the WMT restriction code DJ in their head, which has a narrower evening restriction period.

The ticket is only valid directly via Coleshill Parkway, not even via Tamworth or Coventry. That seems quite harsh considering the usually much more liberal permitted routes which apply around the various branches of the WCML.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top