• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nuneaton Benches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshwiggle

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2017
Messages
10
Location
Romney Marsh
Like many I travel the country photographing (mainly) freight locos. Due to mobility problems I cannot stand all day so a good station bench is most welcome. I went to Nuneaton about a year ago and the benches at the north end of platform 4/5 had been removed. Does anyone know if they have been replaced please as I am planning to go next week. If they have not I will go elsewhere. Many thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Joined
13 Sep 2014
Messages
2,574
I can confirm that they have not been replaced nor do I know if they will ever be replaced at the north end. The old ones were heavily rusted.

EDIT: Abellio if your watching this and I know you do, I'm sure you could stretch your franchise agreements to cover new benches.. thanks.
 
Last edited:

Marshwiggle

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2017
Messages
10
Location
Romney Marsh
Many thanks indeed, that has saved me a day of discomfort. And yes, Abellio, I'm sure a few benches do not cost that much? Last time I went some people had taken lightweight picnic chairs and one or two unattended ones were getting moved about considerably by Pendolinos etc passing through at full speed. Accidents that cause delays waiting to happen. I will go to Peterborough instead, a very comfortable station in terms of seating. I will see if I can capture my three remaining 91s on camera. 11, 17 and 26 if they have not already been parked up for disposal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top