Hello (Student) Passengers,
Transport for West Midlands combines Bus, Rail and Tram services into one student ticket and it costs £265 per academic term, the season ticket is referred to as (n)network Zones 1-5 student. They offer a single rail option referred to as (n)train at a reduced rate in comparison to the (n)network ticket but it is only available in adult and child variants. I have claimed to my MP and multiple councillors that this ticket is not of value to those who only use rail services. I have been requesting that the authority introduce a similar (n)train student season ticket option that can be purchased termly and it has been passed onto the London Midland executive board to assess the viability of such an option (please see Appendix A).
I have also carefully reviewed the methodology that is used by the authority to assign revenue to the rail operators and can confirm they use ORCATS to allocate funds (please see Appendix B).
If the London Midland Executive Board approve this, it will be launched. I have so far contacted the following people for support on this:
I would like to ask other users to support this and contact TFWM using this email: customerrelations@centro.org.uk
Transport for West Midlands combines Bus, Rail and Tram services into one student ticket and it costs £265 per academic term, the season ticket is referred to as (n)network Zones 1-5 student. They offer a single rail option referred to as (n)train at a reduced rate in comparison to the (n)network ticket but it is only available in adult and child variants. I have claimed to my MP and multiple councillors that this ticket is not of value to those who only use rail services. I have been requesting that the authority introduce a similar (n)train student season ticket option that can be purchased termly and it has been passed onto the London Midland executive board to assess the viability of such an option (please see Appendix A).
I have also carefully reviewed the methodology that is used by the authority to assign revenue to the rail operators and can confirm they use ORCATS to allocate funds (please see Appendix B).
If the London Midland Executive Board approve this, it will be launched. I have so far contacted the following people for support on this:
- Her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for Transport
- Jess Phillips MP
- Ian McLaren (London Midland Executive Board)
- Councillor Neil Eustace
- Councillor Basharat Dad
- National Union of Students
I would like to ask other users to support this and contact TFWM using this email: customerrelations@centro.org.uk
Attachments
Last edited: