• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NRE Engineering Work Message 17th to 23rd Jan 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricS

Member
Joined
28 Dec 2011
Messages
43
I want to book a ticket for the 17th or 18th of January 2015, but National Rail Enquiries shows a yellow triangle with the text:
It is not yet known how X services will be affected by engineering work from Saturday 17 to Friday 23 January. Please check back nearer the time of travel.
where X is the operator.
As far as I can tell this applies to any operator in any part of Britain. For example, Cardiff to Bangor and Kyle of Lochalsh to Garve both have the warning.

Does anyone know what's actually going on that week, which routes it is or isn't likely to affect, and when they're likely to provide more detailed information?

(Apologies if this has already been covered on the forum, a search didn't turn up any reference to those particular dates.)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Is there any particular reason why the operator cannot be revealed?
 

DelayRepay

Established Member
Joined
21 May 2011
Messages
2,929
Is there any particular reason why the operator cannot be revealed?

It applies to all operators bb21. If you pick a journey with multiple operators it displays the warning multiple times.
 

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
44,374
Location
Yorks
I must admit, I've had this issue before. Is there any reason why NR can't decide what work they're going to do before the three month booking window, otherwise it rather defeats the object of having it !
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
In that case I expect that to be an error tbh.
 

DelayRepay

Established Member
Joined
21 May 2011
Messages
2,929
I agree it's probably an error - if you search for journeys where there is known to be engineering works, it warns you about both the known and unknown work.
 

cf111

Established Member
Joined
13 Nov 2012
Messages
1,393
I often see this when searching for journeys far in advance on National Rail Enquiries. My uneducated guess is that it's a default message displayed up until the engineering work is finalised and loaded into JourneyCheck.
 

EricS

Member
Joined
28 Dec 2011
Messages
43
Is there any particular reason why the operator cannot be revealed?

For the journey I actually want to make it's East Coast, but I put "X" because I'd noticed the message appear for many different operators that I tried out of curiosity.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I agree it's probably an error - if you search for journeys where there is known to be engineering works, it warns you about both the known and unknown work.

I guess I'll go ahead and book then. Just didn't fancy a long rail replacement bus journey. :)
 

EricS

Member
Joined
28 Dec 2011
Messages
43
Probably 11.30 am Edinburgh to Kings Cross, 17th Jan. The information on the page you linked to is very detailed and useful, thanks. I wonder whether it's the same engineering works that the vague warning message refers to or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top