• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NR competition to name ‘Leaf busting’ trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amlag

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2018
Messages
312
The results for the some say rather puerile NR financed competition to name these now numerous, safety critical and costly RHT trains and MPVs was meant to be announced on 24 Oct.

These are trains that were once not needed, yet no one asks the question: Why do we need them now ?

?Has anyone heard the competition results yet, or has possibly this whole NR PR machine exercise been put on ice following the recent Talerddig
train out of control on slippery rails incident.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainguy34

Established Member
Joined
29 Apr 2023
Messages
1,234
Location
Kent
Haven't heard a result, I suggested Larry the Leaf-Buster though.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just had a look, the final 4 were:
1. Ctrl Alt De-leaf
2. Leaf-Fall Weapon
3. Pulp Friction
4. The Autumn Avenger
No result yet, but hopefully soon!
 

Brush 4

Member
Joined
25 Nov 2018
Messages
717
Who you gonna call.....Leafbusters

I'm surprised Leafy Mcleafface isn't in there.....
 

JKF

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2019
Messages
1,330
Who you gonna call.....Leafbusters

I'm surprised Leafy Mcleafface isn't in there.....
I saw a ‘long list’ of names to vote on and it was in there, unsurprisingly!
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
A journalist asked Network Rail to release all of the submitted names for this competition, but settled on the top fifty:
@JackFifield on X said:
NEW & EXCLUSIVE

Using our country's Freedom of Information laws for their intended purpose, I have uncovered the 50 names @networkrail shortlisted for their leaf-busting train.

To recap, the four names the public could vote on were:

Pulp Friction
Leaf-fall Weapon
Ctrl Alt Deleaf
Autumn Avenger

HOWEVER. This is not the full story. I asked Network Rail for all the submitted names but they told me they'd received more than 1,300 messages and would have to go through them all.

So I said the shortlist of 50 would be fine.

Names not selected for public vote include:

Dua Leafer
Britney Clears
Leaf, Laugh, Love
Russell
Leafy McLeafFace
Leafin' La Vida Loca
Network Rail FOI Disclosure said:
I have processed your request under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and can confirm that we hold this information. The shortlisted names were:
• Axel Foliage
• Born Grippy
• Britney Clears
• Buster Grimes
• Bustin' Timberleaf
• Ctrl Alt De-leaf
• Don't Stop De-leafing
• Dua Leafer
• Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Anti Leaf Machiney
• Keanu Leaves
• Leaf It Out
• Leafy McLeafFace
• Leaf No Trace
• Leaf, Laugh, Love
• Leaf-Fall Weapon
• Leafin' La Vida Loca
• Lightning McClean
• Mona Leafer
• Mulch Ado About Nothing
• Pulp Friction
• Russell
• The Autumn Avenger
• The Fall Guy
• The Grim Sweeper
• The Real MPV
• Twiggy Stardust
• Unbe-leaf-able Jeff
• Wingardium Leaf-iosa
 

TheTallOne

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2024
Messages
265
Location
Birmingham
How could they leaf out Itsy Bitsy from the final list :E

I guess maybe the machine is too big to be called small. Oh well.
 

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
Of the top 50 I rather like "Pulp Friction" but I suspect the problem is that "Lightning McClean" has won the popular vote! My suggestion is "Zippy McGrippy"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top