• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Bus News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2017
Messages
3,506
Location
Leicestershire
They’re dreadful little things. I think NCT regret ever ordering them. I know lots of drivers couldn’t wait to see the back of 399 (the only longer Enviro 200 MMC they have/had)
Which is rather a shame as 399 is the only one expected to be staying in the medium term for route 30.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,294
Which is rather a shame as 399 is the only one expected to be staying in the medium term for route 30.
Oh no that’s a shame. Whilst it is the newest long diesel single deck it’s worse the ride (and from what I hear drive).

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

What about 301-309?
Presumably they'll be displaced by next year's electric intake of the remainder of the order.
I don’t think (emphasis on the think) that a batch for rest of the green line has been confirmed. Certainly NCTs Facebook is replying to comments asking when Bridgford bus is getting electrics saying the existing buses are some of the newest and aren’t being replaced yet. In contrast when asked about yellow line, for example, they mention later batches
 

tram21

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2022
Messages
1,341
Location
Nottingham
I don’t think (emphasis on the think) that a batch for rest of the green line has been confirmed. Certainly NCTs Facebook is replying to comments asking when Bridgford bus is getting electrics saying the existing buses are some of the newest and aren’t being replaced yet. In contrast when asked about yellow line, for example, they mention later batches
Yes, I think despite them being perhaps slightly unfavourable to drive you cannot overlook the fact they are only five years old and offer a better experience (comfier seats, USB Chargers, better disabled access) than the Solo SRs which will be replaced sooner. I've seen references to Yellow and Navy Solos going next year, hopefully the Sky Blue 46/47 (if the funding stays which I understand it may not last forever), and the Grey 53/54. That's 14 buses on current PVR's leaving 12 buses, maybe six will go on Green lines, we'll see.

They have funding to replace the whole single decker fleet, and according to the Buses magazine they have funding for 20 buses they haven't bought yet!
 

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2017
Messages
3,506
Location
Leicestershire
I've seen references to Yellow and Navy Solos going next year, hopefully the Sky Blue 46/47 (if the funding stays which I understand it may not last forever), and the Grey 53/54. That's 14 buses on current PVR's leaving 12 buses, maybe six will go on Green lines, we'll see.
Would make sense then, they'll have to go somewhere!
 

joieman

Member
Joined
18 Feb 2024
Messages
988
Location
Loughborough
Anyone know if its permanent? New ticket machine would suggest so, 669 just tracked under its regular one when it had a day there
Might be a longer-term loan/permanent, as, having inspected my photo of 735 more closely, I've noticed that 735 has a miniature Kinchbus logo below the windscreen like MMC 175.
Photo of 735 in Thorpe Acre today:
 

bringiton

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2024
Messages
645
Location
derby
Might be a longer-term loan/permanent, as, having inspected my photo of 735 more closely, I've noticed that 735 has a miniature Kinchbus logo below the windscreen like MMC 175.
Photo of 735 in Thorpe Acre today:
Yeah, might be till 502 comes back, or some of the mmcs are back to help a bit
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,697
Location
Derby
Word is, there might be a Scania /Irizar coach demonstrator.about to work Red Arrow on loan. Maybe TB feel they can't wait for Volvo/Plaxton to produce a suitable coach in 2 years.
 

bringiton

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2024
Messages
645
Location
derby
Word is, there might be a Scania /Irizar coach demonstrator.about to work Red Arrow on loan. Maybe TB feel they can't wait for Volvo/Plaxton to produce a suitable coach in 2 years.
It's probably for the best; 80 broke down in Nottingham earlier, but it seems to be back out now though. 82 sounded like it was going to break down as well. At least the company has some sense and is trying to fix the problem before they have another major coach failure by trying to get more coaches.
 
Last edited:

bringiton

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2024
Messages
645
Location
derby
As far as I know, 502 is still yet to enter service with Kinchbus. I spotted it sitting in the workshop last week (seen from the bridge over the canal).
Yeah i meant enter service or whatever is happening with it. They currently have 8 vehicles not tracking today. 107 MMC, 109 MMC, 151 MMC, 152 MMC, 153 MMC, 155 MMC, 502 Solo SR and 831 Versa. So its a few vehicles from the fleet. With 108 MMC, 501 Solo Sr and 906 helping on skylink instead of the other routes. I would assume its most likely to be helping permanently until they get a few vehicles back on the road
 

zakky1.0

Member
Joined
29 Nov 2023
Messages
154
Location
Derby, Derbyshire
Langley mill seems to be struggling today, funnily enough after just sending another vehicle over to Kinchbus.

3/6 on Ilkeston flyer
3/11 on the two

So just by that they are 11 vehicles short, the B8s seem to be continuously unreliable (can’t say I’m shocked as they were some of the first B8s out of production)

Hopefully the wonderful, ever reliable MMCs can fix the shortages on Ilkeston flyer.
 

bringiton

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2024
Messages
645
Location
derby
Langley mill seems to be struggling today, funnily enough after just sending another vehicle over to Kinchbus.

3/6 on Ilkeston flyer
3/11 on the two

So just by that they are 11 vehicles short, the B8s seem to be continuously unreliable (can’t say I’m shocked as they were some of the first B8s out of production)

Hopefully the wonderful, ever reliable MMCs can fix the shortages on Ilkeston flyer.
I noticed the two earlier, heading into Nottingham there was a branded two heading out not in service which lead me to check, i thought it was quite weird that at that time there was only a few vehicles on but i hadn't really checked before at that time so I didn't know if it was normal. Makes sense that they send a bus away while 3 out of the 4 depots got loan vehicles on the weekend. I think H1 might be one of the only services with a pretty much full service. Maybe the 31,32 ect routes too

Never mind, just checked ilkeston routes and they are a few vehicles short, 499 seems to have broken down, certainly isn't tracking. Same for 724
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,697
Location
Derby
It's probably for the best; 80 broke down in Nottingham earlier, but it seems to be back out now though. 82 sounded like it was going to break down as well. At least the company has some sense and is trying to fix the problem before they have another major coach failure by trying to get more coaches.
Most strange how often some of the coaches break down.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Langley mill seems to be struggling today, funnily enough after just sending another vehicle over to Kinchbus.

3/6 on Ilkeston flyer
3/11 on the two

So just by that they are 11 vehicles short, the B8s seem to be continuously unreliable (can’t say I’m shocked as they were some of the first B8s out of production)

Hopefully the wonderful, ever reliable MMCs can fix the shortages on Ilkeston flyer.
Never in this world would I ever describe the MMC as reliable. Maybe I've just seen too many break down. ;)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yeah i meant enter service or whatever is happening with it. They currently have 8 vehicles not tracking today. 107 MMC, 109 MMC, 151 MMC, 152 MMC, 153 MMC, 155 MMC, 502 Solo SR and 831 Versa. So its a few vehicles from the fleet. With 108 MMC, 501 Solo Sr and 906 helping on skylink instead of the other routes. I would assume its most likely to be helping permanently until they get a few vehicles back on the road
Of course one of the 15x Skylinks had a car in the back end.
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,697
Location
Derby
It was a very sarcastic comment about the ADLs I can’t say I don’t mind them but they aren’t the greatest.
I'd go as far as to say, so long as there is any alternative, I avoid them completely, even if that means walking. Certainly not sitting under those skylights on a hot day.
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,697
Location
Derby
I notice trends, 1 swift goes they all go, same with x38. Maybe its just the vehicles age, or that they are at derby instead of a different depot
Happens with the Allestree. They seem to fail or have lengthy periods off the road, in numerical order. Then the same with the Mickleover Enviros. Good news for the 6.2. Finally got a service at teatime. I would think many people on that route now discount the bus. TB might claim they are short of buses. Maybe they should get 820/821/824, all nicely painted on the road. They have been off since about end of October, yet 814/815 only off for a couple of months
 

bringiton

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2024
Messages
645
Location
derby
Happens with the Allestree. They seem to fail or have lengthy periods off the road, in numerical order. Then the same with the Mickleover Enviros. Good news for the 6.2. Finally got a service at teatime. I would think many people on that route now discount the bus. TB might claim they are short of buses. Maybe they should get 820/821/824, all nicely painted on the road. They have been off since about end of October, yet 814/815 only off for a couple of months
I assume 814 and 815 had a quicker turn around since they were "helping out" suggesting they have better condition with the engine and stuff. I assume the others are knackered since they have been off road longer and taking longer to fix along with fixing Langley service busses, I assume they are prioritizing them over the repaints since it'll earn them more money. You say about mickleover too, I see 269 is on there today leading it to a full service.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

43055

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
3,693
Might be a longer-term loan/permanent, as, having inspected my photo of 735 more closely, I've noticed that 735 has a miniature Kinchbus logo below the windscreen like MMC 175.
Photo of 735 in Thorpe Acre today:
At this rate they might as well rename Kinchbus to Mango!

Langley mill seems to be struggling today, funnily enough after just sending another vehicle over to Kinchbus.

3/6 on Ilkeston flyer
3/11 on the two

So just by that they are 11 vehicles short, the B8s seem to be continuously unreliable (can’t say I’m shocked as they were some of the first B8s out of production)

Hopefully the wonderful, ever reliable MMCs can fix the shortages on Ilkeston flyer.
Jesus! and the two basically has 3 extra vehicles.
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,697
Location
Derby
I assume 814 and 815 had a quicker turn around since they were "helping out" suggesting they have better condition with the engine and stuff. I assume the others are knackered since they have been off road longer and taking longer to fix along with fixing Langley service busses, I assume they are prioritizing them over the repaints since it'll earn them more money. You say about mickleover too, I see 269 is on there today leading it to a full service.
Amazing for the Mickleover. 102 parked at the back of the depot, looking like it was towed in.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

At this rate they might as well rename Kinchbus to Mango!


Jesus! and the two basically has 3 extra vehicles.
The new Wellglade subsidiary "Mango Buses". Fair to say, those Volvo B8RLEs don't seem to be the best.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Wonder when Skylink Express 744 will be back? Noticed Notts and Derby Solo 485 out again on RR contract this morning. If it is going for painting in May, it only has 11 days to go
 

bringiton

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2024
Messages
645
Location
derby
Amazing for the Mickleover. 102 parked at the back of the depot, looking like it was towed in.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


The new Wellglade subsidiary "Mango Buses". Fair to say, those Volvo B8RLEs don't seem to be the best.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Wonder when Skylink Express 744 will be back? Noticed Notts and Derby Solo 485 out again on RR contract this morning. If it is going for painting in May, it only has 11 days to go
How does Notts & Derby repaint their buses? Do they do it at Langley or Meadow Road. Or an outside company?
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,697
Location
Derby
How does N+D repaint their busses? Do they do it at langley or meadow road. Or outside company?
Well, the Geminis 22 to 30 were done at Bestwood, maybe 475 and 484 too. Think 1405 at Langley Mill. 485 was said to be going to a place at Stratford.. Seems.to be a shortage of capacity. Now some time ago, there was said to be a plan to paint a Lothian Enviro 400, one a week. Even 743/744 went to Blackburn.
 

bringiton

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2024
Messages
645
Location
derby
Well, the Geminis 22 to 30 were done at Bestwood, maybe 475 and 484 too. Think 1405 at Langley Mill. 485 was said to be going to a place at Stratford.. Seems.to be a shortage of capacity. Now some time ago, there was said to be a plan to paint a Lothian Enviro 400, one a week. Even 743/744 went to Blackburn.
Ah, guess they just do it where they can.
I notice only two vehicles on the sixes at the moment. Normally a few more especially on the 6.1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top