maybe yutongs?Hopefully they'll be something larger than Mellors; as it is, the Sprint already seems to be quite busy at peak times.
maybe yutongs?Hopefully they'll be something larger than Mellors; as it is, the Sprint already seems to be quite busy at peak times.
I hope not either, for one thing the styling is outdated (and why buy Chinese buses when we Brits can make them ourselves?)maybe yutongs?
Where do you see this?I see the Centrebus 19 to Melton Mowbray is coming back from 3rd June. It will only run Monday to Friday. The timetable still rubbish ,no 6:30am bus from St Mary's Way.
The 7:45am only gets to Nottingham at 20 to 9 (if its on time) . Then you have a mad rush across town to get to the university for 9 .
Timetables are on Bustimes:Where do you see this?
Nottingham City Transport's justification was that the Yutongs are just far better than anything British made at this point in time.(and why buy Chinese buses when we Brits can make them ourselves?)
I personally prefer either the facelifted Wright GB Kite Electroliner or a longer version of the Mellor Sigma range such as the Sigma 12 when it comes to electric single deckers.Nottingham City Transport's justification was that the Yutongs are just far better than anything British made at this point in time.
I'm curious to see if Wellglade will veer towards Enviro100EVs (and later the Enviro200EV once it becomes available) due to their ties with ADL.
Incredible news in any form!I see the Centrebus 19 to Melton Mowbray is coming back from 3rd June
AFAIK there is no order or decision yet as to what would be ordered, nor any infrastructure works so it will be a couple of years yet and they will definitely need some transferred buses before then!What is the timeframe on the EVs?
I guess it will depend upon the daily range such buses need to achieveNottingham City Transport's justification was that the Yutongs are just far better than anything British made at this point in time.
I'm curious to see if Wellglade will veer towards Enviro100EVs (and later the Enviro200EV once it becomes available) due to their ties with ADL.
I’d argue that we can’t. Or won’t. I can honestly say they are the best built buses I’ve ever been on. They actually feel solid.I hope not either, for one thing the styling is outdated (and why buy Chinese buses when we Brits can make them ourselves?)
And I’d agree with them in that statement.Nottingham City Transport's justification was that the Yutongs are just far better than anything British made at this point in time.
Yes, little doubt that the Yutongs are significantly better than most others. They are also superior in terms of their mileage achieved per change.I’d argue that we can’t. Or won’t. I can honestly say they are the best built buses I’ve ever been on. They actually feel solid.
And I’d agree with them in that statement.
Fully agree with this, the NCT Yutongs are absolutely incredible buses and honestly mark a new era in comfort of travel on City buses!I’d argue that we can’t. Or won’t. I can honestly say they are the best built buses I’ve ever been on. They actually feel solid.
And I’d agree with them in that statement.
IMO Kinch needs the displaced Volvos before the electrics arrive, which is likely to be in 2025/26 and I can't see the Citaros lasting that longWhy would they get the volvos? They are getting electric's so there would be no point
Yeah, I forgot that they hadn't ordered any yet. Don't know how the volvos will cope since they are already struggling on the routes alreadyIMO Kinch needs the displaced Volvos before the electrics arrive, which is likely to be in 2025/26 and I can't see the Citaros lasting that long
Are there any British buses that are actually decent at the moment!?I hope not either, for one thing the styling is outdated (and why buy Chinese buses when we Brits can make them ourselves?)
The new green ones have entered service today too! Not yet sampled any but I've not heard any bad things from them (except from those that have a strange vendetta against all electric vehicles)Fully agree with this, the NCT Yutongs are absolutely incredible buses and honestly mark a new era in comfort of travel on City buses!
I find some of the anti British bus comments most strange. Any business that wanted to survive would buy the best bus that most met their needs, no matter what. Ideally that might be British, but if British quality, range etc is not good enough, British manufacturing needs to raise their game. The way some talk, we would still be stuck with British Leyland cars from the 1970s.Are there any British buses that are actually decent at the moment!?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
The new green ones have entered service today too! Not yet sampled any but I've not heard any bad things from them (except from those that have a strange vendetta against all electric vehicles)
I don’t think anyone would disagree that British manufacturing needs to raise their game. But with their full order books, clearly they don’t have the incentive to. If anything, more orders going to Yutong would be a good thing as it incentivises others to step up their game.I find some of the anti British bus comments most strange. Any business that wanted to survive would buy the best bus that most met their needs, no matter what. Ideally that might be British, but if British quality, range etc is not good enough, British manufacturing needs to raise their game. The way some talk, we would still be stuck with British Leyland cars from the 1970s.
Unlikely to be any bigger than the current slimline solos as it’s said that even a full width solo struggles to get around the route.Hopefully they'll be something larger than Mellors; as it is, the Sprint already seems to be quite busy at peak times.
There was also one in the depot at the back when we drove passed101 to 103 are off today, so it could have been repaired 101 or 103. Noticed that Notts and Derby Nordic 20 is back at Meadow Road, near the railway. Maybe it is about to have a new MOT and be relaxed.
The specification for the ADL Enviro100EV states it has a width of 2.35m.Unlikely to be any bigger than the current slimline solos as it’s said that even a full width solo struggles to get around the route.
20 and Mick 102 are round the backThere was also one in the depot at the back when we drove passed
Maybe ADL is part of the unreliability issues, problemThe specification for the ADL Enviro100EV states it has a width of 2.35m.
According to Wikipedia, the Optare Solo SL has a width of 2.33m
If Wellglade stick to their ADL "pals", this seems a viable upgrade.
Well, last I heard Irizar 73 was parked near the brook at the Mill and the Interdecks still in service in Glasgow.Is there any more news about the 'new' coaches for N+D/ Red Arrow (e.g. the irizars or Interdeck coaches)
Was it even the plan or just speculation that Trent have bought interdecks? Seems to be a strange choice of vehicleIs there any more news about the 'new' coaches for N+D/ Red Arrow (e.g. the irizars or Interdeck coaches)
They could have been trialling them.Was it even the plan or just speculation that Trent have bought interdecks? Seems to be a strange choice of vehicle
I think they are mainly for use by Notts and Derby, but available to Trentbarton for Red Arrow. Some kind of stopgap to cover until they can get the type of coaches they would prefer at TB for Red ArrowWas it even the plan or just speculation that Trent have bought interdecks? Seems to be a strange choice of vehicle
Has no-one considered/ got the sense to run it much like the Witchway or (until recently) Skyclass X98/X99 up in Yorkshire?I think they are mainly for use by Notts and Derby, but available to Trentbarton for Red Arrow. Some kind of stopgap to cover until they can get the type of coaches they would prefer at TB for Red Arrow
I share your view .Has no-one considered/ got the sense to run it much like the Witchway or (until recently) Skyclass X98/X99 up in Yorkshire?
Most likely E400MMCs to a very high spec would provide a much higher passenger experience, and it's not like you can see driver on a coach anyway so that argument doesn't stand.
Must have been 103 seen on the A52. It was available to work the 15.12 to....... Well it stopped in the Wardwick... Unreliable Enviro 200MMCs? Let's buy some more .There was also one in the depot at the back when we drove passed