m79900
Member
Why stop at Burton? A Nottingham to Hanley via Derby coach service would be great!
You could.Why stop at Burton? A Nottingham to Hanley via Derby coach service would be great!
I wouldn't have any problems with low floor buses on the Red Arrow but based on passenger numbers when YourBus ran express buses people do prefer the coaches. The wheelchair lifts are fine at Derby and Nottingham, I have seen them used many times with no issues.To be fair, just some decent Volvo B8 Evoras would be ok for the route. The coaches are nice and I would hate to see them go but at the same time, the route isn't that long and a service bus could more than sufficiently handle the loads. That's before you look at the fact the coaches aren't really accessible as you couldn't safely deploy the wheelchair lift at Nottingham Victoria or in the Red Arrow stands at Derby Bus Station. Other stops depends on surrounding street furniture.
It is a shame that the Red Arrow is kept so short, I think it would have great potential merging it with the Trent X38 trips to Burton. Give a competetive edge against Arriva and it enables and encourages longer distance journeys to be done on the service rather than forcing everyone to change.
I agree Evoras would be great, or some quite high capacity single deckersTo be fair, just some decent Volvo B8 Evoras would be ok for the route. The coaches are nice and I would hate to see them go but at the same time, the route isn't that long and a service bus could more than sufficiently handle the loads. That's before you look at the fact the coaches aren't really accessible as you couldn't safely deploy the wheelchair lift at Nottingham Victoria or in the Red Arrow stands at Derby Bus Station. Other stops depends on surrounding street furniture.
It is a shame that the Red Arrow is kept so short, I think it would have great potential merging it with the Trent X38 trips to Burton. Give a competetive edge against Arriva and it enables and encourages longer distance journeys to be done on the service rather than forcing everyone to change.
I don't know how the lifts can be used at Derby and Nottingham, there isn't the space. As for Trent vs Yourbus, did people just prefer at that point Trent Barton were 'the really good bus company'? Did people use the larger TrentBarton network at either end of the route (rather than the smaller Yourbus network)? There's lot of possible reasons why people chose Yourbus versus Trentbarton. If it's a high spec Evora, it's not much different to coaches. The TrawsCymru Evoras for example are very high spec and would be perfect for such a route. If you compare the coaches against a bog standard E200MMC though, you will find that passengers would prefer the coaches.I wouldn't have any problems with low floor buses on the Red Arrow but based on passenger numbers when YourBus ran express buses people do prefer the coaches. The wheelchair lifts are fine at Derby and Nottingham, I have seen them used many times with no issues.
Even on joint routes, operators try to win some passengers. Especially when the X38 isn't a proper joint route. Most tickets from the other operator aren't accepted. It's not very good for passengers as a combined route.The X38 is a joint route with Arriva so they are not trying to compete.
Bit of a difference Chesterfield to Burton on Trent. Double the distance for a start.Some Red Arrow journeys used to run to Chesterfield (now a separate route as The Comet) and timekeeping was terrible, so keeping them as different routes was a deliberate thing.
It wouldn't be so bad if they ran alternate trips, but if you've just missed a bus your ticket was valid on, it could be 90 minutes until the next one, even when there's a bus every 30.Even on joint routes, operators try to win some passengers. Especially when the X38 isn't a proper joint route. Most tickets from the other operator aren't accepted. It's not very good for passengers as a combined route.
Which was probably down to when the Arriva side was run out of Burton and Trent was Derby.It wouldn't be so bad if they ran alternate trips, but if you've just missed a bus your ticket was valid on, it could be 90 minutes until the next one, even when there's a bus every 30.
Police have released images of a man they wish to trace after a bus was stolen. A bus driver parked his empty vehicle in Peveril Drive near Castle Boulevard at 7.40pm on Friday 4 August so that he could have a short break.
From the police website:Bus got stolen in Nottingham
Didn't get very far then. Peveril Drive is the diverging road just SW of the Castle rock, which disappears into the Park Estate via a residents only barrier, so the bus must have been right at the Castle end. Maid Marian way starts about 100 yards away.From the police website:
"The bus is a purple Indigo Trent Barton bus which travels from Nottingham city centre to Long Eaton then Derby.
"At 7.55pm, near Maid Marian Way, the stolen bus caused the driver of a silver Volkswagen Golf to veer out of its way causing the car’s tyres to burst.
"The bus was recovered shortly afterwards."
Indeed, last time I walked down that way I noticed there are "bus stand" markings painted onto the road exactly where you describe, just before the barrier, certainly where it was parked up (I can't remember if it's one or two bus lengths) - I've never actually seen it used before although I rarely went into town that way.Didn't get very far then. Peveril Drive is the diverging road just SW of the Castle rock, which disappears into the Park Estate via a residents only barrier, so the bus must have been right at the Castle end. Maid Marian way starts about 100 yards away.
Didn't get very far then. Peveril Drive is the diverging road just SW of the Castle rock, which disappears into the Park Estate via a residents only barrier, so the bus must have been right at the Castle end. Maid Marian way starts about 100 yards away.
Do drivers not take their breaks at Manvers Street depot?Indeed, last time I walked down that way I noticed there are "bus stand" markings painted onto the road exactly where you describe, just before the barrier, certainly where it was parked up (I can't remember if it's one or two bus lengths) - I've never actually seen it used before although I rarely went into town that way.
Do drivers not take their breaks at Manvers Street depot?

Run by who I wonder. As long as there's an app, DRTs are good. Call up services not so muchNotts and Derby’s final trips on the 142 Nether Heage - Belper - Crich - Alfreton (and 150 Alfreton - Matlock) are at the end of next week. Once term time starts again N&D will be short of vehicles and drivers so it’ll go back to TM Travel. In a way that‘ll be a shame because since N&D took over for the school holidays the service has been very robust and reliable with high-quality vehicles deployed each day. TM then have it until October after which the contract ends and the latest crew scuttlebutt is it’ll go to an on-demand / book in advance minibus service.
I think people considered it might be a summer-only service; it seems it will continue.257 has been running over to Glossop on Sundays for months as it Interworks with the 61 that they started back in March 2023.
257 has been running over to Glossop on Sundays for months as it Interworks with the 61 that they started back in March 2023.
I think people considered it might be a summer-only service; it seems it will continue.

The livery applied to the Lothian enviros was to promote them having greener engines. The green/blue livery is still their current scheme.According to bustimes.org ( https://bustimes.org/operators/notts-and-derby/vehicles ) Notts & Derby 484 is in the green/blue livery. Any reason why it isn't in the same grey as the Enviro from Lothian?
View attachment 141898
257 has been running over to Glossop on Sundays for months as it Interworks with the 61 that they started back in March 2023.
Do you have a photo?The first of 20 new Trentbarton Enviro200 MMC's was delivered today, registered YX73 OUD in the Threes livery
I don't personally, I found a photo on a fb group.Do you have a photo?![]()