• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham to bournmouth and another question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
I have just looked at wikipedia and seen that there is a daily direct service to bournmouth from nottingham. is this worked by a turbostar or a voyager ? If its worked by a voyager i would like a picture as i cant imangine a voyager at nottingham that not a meridan! also what route would it go?

also another question
I am going aberdeen-penzance and heard that this is a voyager!!!

i was told that sitting on the left side of the train gives you great views. what would I see?/
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
I have just looked at wikipedia and seen that there is a daily direct service to bournmouth from nottingham. is this worked by a turbostar or a voyager ? If its worked by a voyager i would like a picture as i cant imangine a voyager at nottingham that not a meridan! also what route would it go?

also another question
I am going aberdeen-penzance and heard that this is a voyager!!!

i was told that sitting on the left side of the train gives you great views. what would I see?/

1st: Voyager, goes from Nottingham to Beeston (stops), Derby (reverses) then as normal to New Street and onwards from there;
2nd: Aberdeenshire/Tayside/Fife Coasts, Tay Bridge, Forth Bridge, ECML at Berwick, ruralness to Exter, the Dawlish Sea Wall, Tamar Bridge.
 

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2008
Messages
2,362
Location
Portsmouth
As an aside, in the early days of Virgin there were proposals to run from Bournemouth to Nottingham directly via Woking, Feltham, the north London line and then the MML, this was at the same that Anglia started running 170s to Basingstoke via the north London line.
 

tbtc

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Messages
18,061
Location
Reston City Centre
If its worked by a voyager i would like a picture as i cant imangine a voyager at nottingham

Hopefully a quick google should sort that out

I am going aberdeen-penzance and heard that this is a voyager!!!

i was told that sitting on the left side of the train gives you great views. what would I see?/

There was a thread about that very service on here recently where all the "attractions" were listed - I think someone was going to do it for charity
 

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
Hopefully a quick google should sort that out



There was a thread about that very service on here recently where all the "attractions" were listed - I think someone was going to do it for charity

Is there? need to look through all the threads. Im doing it for charity too!
 

tynesider

Member
Joined
25 Dec 2009
Messages
128
Assuming the unit for the 06:37 Nottingham - Bournemouth comes empty from Central Rivers, does it operate via Castle Donington (for Driver route knowledge), or via reversal at Derby, perhaps splitting from the unit that works the 05:55 Derby - Newcastle?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top