• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Notice of Intention to Prosecute

Status
Not open for further replies.

user1

New Member
Joined
28 Apr 2014
Messages
1
I have recently received a letter labelled 'Notice of Intention to prosecute which goes on further to say that my details we taken at a station earlier this month and that the rail company's intention is to take this case to the Magistrates Court. I have been asked to provide details of what happened from my point of view.

At the time I was stopped I was taking an overground station from an underground station that i have used several times before and tapped my oyster as i get off the train and cross to the overground train. I apologised to the inspector repeatedly at the time for not having a ticket and mentioned that i had taken this route before and was willing to give any dates in the past that i believed i had taken this line and would pay any fare or fine to the company. Clearly this offer has not been accepted from the inspectors perspective and i am now extremely scared as to the possibility of criminal prosection. This would wreck my career and I am at a loss as to how to avoid the court prosecution. I was not aware that this was how far proceedings could be taken against and I am desperate for any kind of advice as to how I might be able settle this out of court. I was clear with the inspector that I would co-operate in any way possible and would pay any fine the company deemed I should pay. Can anyone provide any guidance or precedent of being able to settle out of court?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MyFriendMary

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2014
Messages
108
Reading your opening post it would seem you've made the journey several times without a valid ticket and have admitted this fact to the inspector. Correct?
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,657
Location
Isle of Man
If you can say where you started your journey, where you changed trains and where you were stopped, it would be very much appreciated.

Am I right in thinking that you "tapped out" your Oyster on a platform validator and then proceeded to board another train? And that you admitted you do this on a regular basis?
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
So what did you actually do exactly? Where did you board/alight and where did you touch in/out? Where were you caught?

I understand from what you said in your opening post that you had done this repeatedly before. Is this correct? Did you admit this fact to the RPI? (It sounds like you did but I want to double-check to make sure as your post is very difficult to understand.
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,914
Location
0036
What station was it? And by "overground" do you mean London Overground or National Rail?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top