Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
You short fared which saved you £6.50, you offered to settle it outside of court and responded to them straight away. You have never gotten caught for this before. And you are still being prosecuted and kicked out of the country.
You short fared which saved you £6.50, you offered to settle it outside of court and responded to them straight away. You have never gotten caught for this before. And you are still being prosecuted and kicked out of the country.
The OP has told us about two railway prosecutions (not one) and we don't know about what else is going on in their life. As we're a railway focused forum, perhaps we should leave it there and neither worry nor speculate about anything outside railway issues.
You short fared which saved you £6.50, you offered to settle it outside of court and responded to them straight away. You have never gotten caught for this before. And you are still being prosecuted and kicked out of the country.
In post 70 the OP says it is because their Visa is expiring (or has expired), so please don't start making assumptions without any evidence to support them.
You short fared which saved you £6.50, you offered to settle it outside of court and responded to them straight away. You have never gotten caught for this before. And you are still being prosecuted and kicked out of the country.
I think the op is a student so will be on a study visa with an end date at which you leave the uk. It will have no connection with the railway ticketing offence (or any other matter).
I found in that post MC 100 . I have some doubts regarding filling MC 100. I am paying Room rent ,water, electricity bills by cash to my friend.he will pay by account. But I don't have any evidence for that one. What should I do now should I fill the forms or leave that section which amount outgoing.
I found in that post MC 100 . I have some doubts regarding filling MC 100. I am paying Room rent ,water, electricity bills by cash to my friend.he will pay by account. But I don't have any evidence for that one. What should I do now should I fill the forms or leave that section which amount outgoing.
You should put all the amounts in. Payments by cash to a friend are quite common and as long as they are not excessive should be ok. You may need to supply evidence later but that bridge can be crossed at the time.
You should put all the amounts in. Payments by cash to a friend are quite common and as long as they are not excessive should be ok. You may need to supply evidence later but that bridge can be crossed at the time.
Fill it in honestly. If you are asked for evidence then you can probably find proof that you get the cash out of the bank (not proof but it supports your story), and you can ask your friend to write a note confirming that you give the money to him.
Fill it in honestly. If you are asked for evidence then you can probably find proof that you get the cash out of the bank (not proof but it supports your story), and you can ask your friend to write a note confirming that you give the money to him.
I suspect the op is worried that their friend would get into trouble from their landlord for subletting when the friend has a contract that states no subletting. But the court won’t be interested in that in my view. Only the landlord who is not going to see these forms or any evidence needed to support the decleration.
They probably won’t ask for evidence so don’t worry too much just fill it in honestly with what you are paying in rent and bills.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I suspect the op is worried that their friend would get into trouble from their landlord for subletting when the friend has a contract that states no subletting. But the court won’t be interested in that in my view. Only the landlord who is not going to see these forms or any evidence needed to support the decleration.
Ok guys. I am writing draft for mitigation and share later today. And help me to correct it correct way. And I don't have any evidence with me even cash or anything for proof. Thank you.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Fill it in honestly. If you are asked for evidence then you can probably find proof that you get the cash out of the bank (not proof but it supports your story), and you can ask your friend to write a note confirming that you give the money to him.
Guys I am sending letter by Monday, probably it will reach by Tuesday. When was the hearing and when I know the outcome of the letter. I want Go to court for hearing?
You have 21 days to reply to the court, a date for the hearing hasn't been set yet. If you plead guilty you do not have to go to court. The court will write to you with the result of the SJP
You have 21 days to reply to the court, a date for the hearing hasn't been set yet. If you plead guilty you do not have to go to court. The court will write to you with the result of the SJP
I am going to put plead guilty. There is no way to defend myself. After that when will I get update of my case after send the letter on Monday. Should I mentioned about my email to contact further for update.
I am going to put plead guilty. There is no way to defend myself. After that when will I get update of my case after send the letter on Monday. Should I mentioned about my email to contact further for update.
I am going to put plead guilty. There is no way to defend myself. After that when will I get update of my case after send the letter on Monday. Should I mentioned about my email to contact further for update.
For case 1 ,march 18 is the hearing . Is any possible to withdraw the reopened case which I am opened before. I am willing to pay the full fine amount to close the case sooner.
For case 1 ,march 18 is the hearing . Is any possible to withdraw the reopened case which I am opened before. I am willing to pay the full fine amount to close the case sooner.
The only people who can withdraw the case is the railway company. You could write to them again to ask them if they would do that. If you explain you are leaving the country that might help persuade them perhaps. But there is no guarantee they will agree.
The only people who can withdraw the case is the railway company. You could write to them again to ask them if they would do that. If you explain you are leaving the country that might help persuade them perhaps. But there is no guarantee they will agree.
Here is the draft and I am not filling mc 100 form.
I sincerely apologise for my actions and deeply regret this incident. At the time, I was experiencing financial difficulties, which led me to make a poor decision by purchasing a ticket that was not valid for my full journey. I understand that this was wrong, and I take full responsibility for this incident.
I am a student in the UK, and I am only permitted to work 20 hours a week under the government’s student visa regulations. This limited income has made it difficult to cover the full cost of my travel, which led to this mistake.
This experience has taught me a valuable lesson, and I assure the court that I will never repeat such an action in the future. I had no intention of deliberately evading the fare, and I now fully appreciate the seriousness of this matter.
I am truly sorry for this mistake and deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused. I accept fine or penalties for my actions and wish to resolve this case as soon as possible.
Here is the draft and I am not filling mc 100 form.
I sincerely apologise for my actions and deeply regret this incident. At the time, I was experiencing financial difficulties, which led me to make a poor decision by purchasing a ticket that was not valid for my full journey. I understand that this was wrong, and I take full responsibility for this incident.
I am a student in the UK, and I am only permitted to work 20 hours a week under the government’s student visa regulations. This limited income has made it difficult to cover the full cost of my travel, which led to this mistake.
This experience has taught me a valuable lesson, and I assure the court that I will never repeat such an action in the future. I had no intention of deliberately evading the fare, and I now fully appreciate the seriousness of this matter.
I am truly sorry for this mistake and deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused. I accept fine or penalties for my actions and wish to resolve this case as soon as possible.
but you did intend to specifically evade the fare iirc? If so you are telling them a lie which won’t help them agree to your request.
Personally I think you should just tell them you are about to leave the uk as your visa expires. You will not be returning to the uk to be able to go to court so it would be preferable if the matter can be resolved out of court by allowing the to pay what is owed and their costs and withdrawing court action. You must state you would be happy to pay them this and in full promptly.
On the other matter if you do not return an mc100 form any court fine will be higher and cost you more money because they will assume you have a full time job income. But that’s up to you if you don’t wish to try to reduce what you will have to pay.
but you did intend to specifically evade the fare iirc? If so you are telling them a lie which won’t help them agree to your request.
Personally I think you should just tell them you are about to leave the uk as your visa expires. You will not be returning to the uk to be able to go to court so it would be preferable if the matter can be resolved out of court by allowing the to pay what is owed and their costs and withdrawing court action. You must state you would be happy to pay them this and in full promptly.
On the other matter if you do not return an mc100 form any court fine will be higher and cost you more money because they will assume you have a full time job income. But that’s up to you if you don’t wish to try to reduce what you will have to pay.
Thank you for your reply. Can you draft me with your changes. Above. And for mc100 form I am going to fill only personal details and income level not going to fill outgoings. Is this ok? And should I ask to prosecution department to settle outside court or write letter to court?
If you don't fill in the outgoings, then it seems to me that the court will assume that you have all your income available to pay a fine. So that means that your fine will be higher.
To repeat what I said earlier: fill in the whole form honestly (so don't say your outgoings are more than they really are). Worry about evidence if and when the court asks you for it.
The amount of the fine is calculated by the court as a percentage of your “relevant weekly income” (RWI). The court will use the information provided by you on the MC100 Statement of Means form when setting the amount of the fine. If your only income is state benefits, the court must assume that your income (RWI) is £120 per week. And consequently, the fine will be set at an affordable figure.
If you fail or refuse to complete the Statement of Means, the court must assume that your RWI is £440 per week. Consequently, the Magistrate will set the level of fine at a much higher rate for example: The Sentencing Council Guidance provides that a Band A fine should be set at between 25% to 75% of RWI with a Band B fine set between 75% to 125% of RWI.
If you don't fill in the outgoings, then it seems to me that the court will assume that you have all your income available to pay a fine. So that means that your fine will be higher.
To repeat what I said earlier: fill in the whole form honestly (so don't say your outgoings are more than they really are). Worry about evidence if and when the court asks you for it.
I sincerely apologise for my actions and deeply regret this incident. At the time, I was experiencing financial difficulties, which led me to make a poor decision by purchasing a ticket that was not valid for my full journey. I understand that this was wrong, and I take full responsibility for my ill -judged actions.
I am a student in the UK, and I am only permitted to work 20 hours a week under the government’s student visa regulations. At the time of the incident, I was facing unexpected financial difficulties, but I understand that this does not excuse my actions. This experience has taught me a valuable lesson, and I assure the court that I will never repeat such an action in the future. I now fully understand the importance of always ensuring I have the correct and valid ticket for my journey.
I fully accept any fine or penalty imposed by the court and will ensure prompt payment to resolve this matter as soon as possible. As a student, I am deeply concerned about how this incident may affect my future opportunities, and I sincerely regret my actions. Additionally, I am planning to leave the UK soon, and I would appreciate the possibility of settling this matter out of court to expedite its resolution.
I am truly sorry for this mistake and deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your reply. Can you draft me with your changes. Above. And for mc100 form I am going to fill only personal details and income level not going to fill outgoings. Is this ok? And should I ask to prosecution department to settle outside court or write letter to court?
You can not ask the court to settle out of court. You can only ask the prosecution department to settle out of court
I more or less wrote above what I think you need to write to the prosecutions department, Short of writing it exactly myself so you can cut and paste it. Is that what you want me to do? If you are a student it ought to be in your skill set to format what I posted above into a letter to send to the railway company prosecutions department.
What you drafted earlier simply looks like a copy of a letter from someone else’s case that does not apply to what you did (deliberately evaded fares) so is not a letter you should send in my view.
You need to tell them the date you are leaving the country too. And include some evidence like your travel tickets for flight and letter from home office telling you to leave. Or copy of it.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Ok fine I will fill the forms. And what about draft is this ok or should I change anything in words or sentence.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Draft and any changes required?
I sincerely apologise for my actions and deeply regret this incident. At the time, I was experiencing financial difficulties, which led me to make a poor decision by purchasing a ticket that was not valid for my full journey. I understand that this was wrong, and I take full responsibility for my ill -judged actions.
I am a student in the UK, and I am only permitted to work 20 hours a week under the government’s student visa regulations. At the time of the incident, I was facing unexpected financial difficulties, but I understand that this does not excuse my actions. This experience has taught me a valuable lesson, and I assure the court that I will never repeat such an action in the future. I now fully understand the importance of always ensuring I have the correct and valid ticket for my journey.
I fully accept any fine or penalty imposed by the court and will ensure prompt payment to resolve this matter as soon as possible. As a student, I am deeply concerned about how this incident may affect my future opportunities, and I sincerely regret my actions. Additionally, I am planning to leave the UK soon, and I would appreciate the possibility of settling this matter out of court to expedite its resolution.
I am truly sorry for this mistake and deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused.
This is better. But as there is no need to send it on a Sunday as no one will be there to read it I suggest you wait till Monday morning to send it so as to see if any suggestions for amendments.
You can not ask the court to settle out of court. You can only ask the prosecution department to settle out of court
I more or less wrote above what I think you need to write to the prosecutions department, Short of writing it exactly myself so you can cut and paste it. Is that what you want me to do? If you are a student it ought to be in your skill set to format what I posted above into a letter to send to the railway company prosecutions department.
What you drafted earlier simply looks like a copy of a letter from someone else’s case that does not apply to what you did (deliberately evaded fares) so is not a letter you should send in my view.
You need to tell them the date you are leaving the country too. And include some evidence like your travel tickets for flight and letter from home office telling you to leave. Or copy of it.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
This is better. But as there is no need to send it on a Sunday as no one will be there to read it I suggest you wait till Monday morning to send it so as to see if any suggestions for amendments.
They asking about employe details should I give details. And I am getting monthly pay Should I give weekly pay and mention how much pay I will get for 1 week. If I put any savings in the box is this any problem for higher penalties or fines .
Ok am waiting for everyone suggestions. Please reply as soon as possible
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
They asking about employe details should I give this. And I am getting monthly pay. Should I click weekly and mention what pay I will get for 1 week. If I put any savings in the box is this any problem for higher penalties or fines .
WesternLancer has already told you what to put, draft up a letter to the train company and we'll be glad to proof read it for you.
Thought you were a student? Just tell the court that on the form
WesternLancer has already told you what to put, draft up a letter to the train company and we'll be glad to proof read it for you.
Thought you were a student? Just tell the court that on the form
This week Monday only I sent another letter to prosecution department about apologies and what happened on that day and asking out of court settlement. But still now I didn't receive any letters from prosecution department. So again next I will put another email to team and asking about out of court settlement.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
WesternLancer has already told you what to put, draft up a letter to the train company and we'll be glad to proof read it for you.
Thought you were a student? Just tell the court that on the form
This draft for prosecution department .is any changes required please change accordingly
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to sincerely apologise for my actions regarding the fare discrepancy on 21st October and to request the possibility of resolving this matter through an out-of-court settlement.
I deeply regret this incident and take full responsibility for my action. As a student in the UK, I am only permitted to work 20 hours per week under visa regulations. Due to this limited income, I was facing financial difficulties at the time, which led to my poor decision to purchase a short fare. However, I fully understand that this does not justify my actions, and I assure you that I have learned from this mistake and will never repeat it.
I kindly request that you consider allowing me to settle this matter by paying any fine or penalty deemed appropriate in order to withdraw the court action. I am willing to make immediate payment to resolve the case as soon as possible. Additionally, I would like to inform you that I will soon be leaving the UK, and I am keen to settle this issue before leaving.
I sincerely apologise for any convenience this has caused and appreciate your time in reviewing my request.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to your response.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
WesternLancer has already told you what to put, draft up a letter to the train company and we'll be glad to proof read it for you.
Thought you were a student? Just tell the court that on the form
This draft for sending court as mitigation .here is the look and changes required please let me know
I deeply regret this situation and sincerely apologise for my actions. At the time, I was facing financial difficulties, which led me to make the wrong decision of purchasing a ticket that was not valid for my full journey. I acknowledge that this was improper, and I take full responsibility for my mistake.
As a student in the UK, I am only permitted to work 20 hours a week under the government's student visa regulations. While I understand that financial hardship does not justify my actions, I was dealing with unforeseen financial troubles at the time of the incident. This experience has taught me an important lesson, and I assure the court that I will never repeat this mistake. I now fully understand the importance of always ensuring I have the correct ticket for my journey.
I accept any fine or penalty imposed by the court and will ensure prompt payment to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. I am truly sorry for my actions, and as a student, I am deeply concerned about how this incident may affect my future opportunities. Additionally, I would like to mention that I will soon be leaving the UK.
Once again, I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this incident may have caused. If there is any further information required, please feel free to contact me via email at
Thank you for taking the time to consider my statement.
If you just put you're a student the court will assume a low income, if you tell them you're working they could fine you more (I'm aware that you are allowed to work 20 hours a week - it doesn't mean that you do does it?) - can you prove you're enrolled on a course at university?
You need to try to get the railway company to drop the case - it's no use writing to the court, they have no say in what happens - they just prosecute on behalf of the train company
Send the draft you put at post #175 to the train company, you've already been told it's OK, but make sure you add your email address and any future addresses with a date they should be used from