• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Notice of Intention to prosecute PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowspy

New Member
Joined
19 Aug 2025
Messages
3
Location
lancing
I received a letter regarding prosecutions which happened back in April 2025 by members of revenue enforcement officials when I didn’t produce a valid ticket as I was stressing with my baby and the train was leaving so didn’t got time to buy one. I offered to pay the penalty fare on the train but officer said you’ll get the letter and then you can deal with it.
Please help somebody how I can deal without involving court and what should I reply?

Moderator note - I have removed the attachments as they contained your name and address. Please can you re-upload them with personal details and case reference number redacted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shadowspy

New Member
Joined
19 Aug 2025
Messages
3
Location
lancing
I didn’t bought one as I was getting late and managing my baby so I asked my friend to buy one he booked it too late
 

saismee

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2023
Messages
1,746
Location
UK
Could you re-upload the documentation you have received with your personal details redacted? (see moderator note in original post)
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,973
Location
Airedale
Thanks for that. It's a standard letter, and GTR will almost certainly agree to an out of court settlement if you engage with them; it will cost you the full fare for your journey plus an admin fee of maybe £60.

Regular forum member Hadders often posts suggesting a structure for a reply - use the search tool top right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top