Cornwallondon
Member
Hi all
My first post in this forum - what an unfortunate reason to have to post this!
On 5 Nov I received the above-mentioned 'Notice Of Intention To Prosecute' from Thameslink, dated 4 Nov, following my being stopped at Kings Cross on the morning of 2 Sep without a ticket. It informed me of their intention to take the matter to a Magistrates' Court and says for me to state what happened from my point of view within 14 days.
I hadn't intended to travel to or via Kings Cross but the train had terminated at Kings Cross (the street level bit) when I had expected it to pass via the below-ground Kings Cross Thameslink station and then onto Farringdon where I had intended to change to the Elizabeth.Line.
I bought a return ticket for the entire journey later that morning but after all this time had assumed I was never going to hear back and don't think I have the ticket any more.
So, as you can imagine, I was a bit surprised to get this letter after more than 2 months - certainly for a speeding or other motoring ticket a NIP must be sent out within 14 days. Plus this letter misspells my surname (with an 's' that it shouldn't contain) and puts my flat number as 54a which is the upstairs flat when in fact I live at 54 the downstairs property.
Any thoughts on what I should do / say gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks
Mark
My first post in this forum - what an unfortunate reason to have to post this!
On 5 Nov I received the above-mentioned 'Notice Of Intention To Prosecute' from Thameslink, dated 4 Nov, following my being stopped at Kings Cross on the morning of 2 Sep without a ticket. It informed me of their intention to take the matter to a Magistrates' Court and says for me to state what happened from my point of view within 14 days.
I hadn't intended to travel to or via Kings Cross but the train had terminated at Kings Cross (the street level bit) when I had expected it to pass via the below-ground Kings Cross Thameslink station and then onto Farringdon where I had intended to change to the Elizabeth.Line.
I bought a return ticket for the entire journey later that morning but after all this time had assumed I was never going to hear back and don't think I have the ticket any more.
So, as you can imagine, I was a bit surprised to get this letter after more than 2 months - certainly for a speeding or other motoring ticket a NIP must be sent out within 14 days. Plus this letter misspells my surname (with an 's' that it shouldn't contain) and puts my flat number as 54a which is the upstairs flat when in fact I live at 54 the downstairs property.
Any thoughts on what I should do / say gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks
Mark
