• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Not stopping at Prestatyn - train too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacerpilot

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2010
Messages
347
We use multiple 175's sometimes on ATW and stop at platforms a 5 or 6 car won't fit at. We make sure anyone for that station is in the front unit and local door it. We sometimes have to operate with one guard. It's a faff but perfectly simple.


Do you not use the trailing unit lockout switch up there mate? We don't often run them in multiple down here and when I have, its always been calling at main station stops only so I've no experience of it being used
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
32,692
Location
Northwich
Can you do that if the units are connected (I have no idea that is why I'm asking). For example when a TPE double 185 comes into York there is normally only one conductor who opens all the doors on both 185s from one local door.

TPE have allowed 6 car combinations to call at station platforms which can only take 4 car. When this has happened they tell all passengers wishing to alight at XXXX to board only the front/rear train.

It used to happen where the morning Liverpool to Scarborough/Newcastle portion working used to call at Irlam.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've never seen a double 175; which duties have them?

They appear in double and even triple formation on Sunday evenings, presumably to get units in the right place for the start of the new working week.
 

1V53

Member
Joined
23 Feb 2011
Messages
368
I've never seen a double 175; which duties have them?

Do you not use the trailing unit lockout switch up there mate? We don't often run them in multiple down here and when I have, its always been calling at main station stops only so I've no experience of it being used

We used to have Sunday diagrams but now it's just in exceptional cases. If we can we lock them out but I recently took over a 5 car multi which had come up from Cardiff. It is also a local door situation on the platforms on Anglesey I believe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top