I was recently asked to present my 16-25 Railcard when I had left it at home, and was therefore obviously told I'd be fined. As I understood at the time, this would be no problem, as Railcard holders are essentially allowed one misstep like this, provided they can present proof of having had a valid Railcard within 30 days. I've never forgotten my Railcard before, and the ticket inspector (who was very kind about the situation) also assured me that I'd be able to appeal it with no problem. I gave her my address and name, and told that they'd be in contact.
It's now been several weeks and I've received nothing in the post relating to this. My worry is that so much time will pass that I'll either miss the window to appeal, or that the penalty fare will increase.
What course of action should I take? I don't know how often fines get forgotten about, and I don't know if I'd have any recourse if I just left it alone, only for them to come back to me after more than 30 days have passed.
It's now been several weeks and I've received nothing in the post relating to this. My worry is that so much time will pass that I'll either miss the window to appeal, or that the penalty fare will increase.
What course of action should I take? I don't know how often fines get forgotten about, and I don't know if I'd have any recourse if I just left it alone, only for them to come back to me after more than 30 days have passed.