I will say that the quality of service and the facilities on board were brilliant on SAS though. I'm flying them again to Tromsø tomorrow and that was £100ish from Bodø which didn't seem terrible value.
Indeed. The receptionist at the Scandic in Trondheim yesterday seemed sure it was already red and quizzed me a little on my past travel movements. That said, I've found everyone here to be exceptionally friendly (even she was after the minor interrogation!) I've even had a couple of locals on the trains give me some commentary on the scenic routes! The most unexpected thing though was having the same old German couple on the trains from Oslo to Dombås and Trondheim to Bodø. Neither spoke much English so I enjoyed taking the time to get some language practice in!
I think I've also had the best of the weather as it's been very hot the past few days. Only mishap I've had is that I twisted my ankle this morning on Trondheim station so walking is a bit of a challenge currently! Thankfully I haven't had to do anything today other than ride the train to Bodø but wandering around Tromsø tomorrow might be a little limited.
Indeed. The receptionist at the Scandic in Trondheim yesterday seemed sure it was already red and quizzed me a little on my past travel movements. That said, I've found everyone here to be exceptionally friendly (even she was after the minor interrogation!) I've even had a couple of locals on the trains give me some commentary on the scenic routes! The most unexpected thing though was having the same old German couple on the trains from Oslo to Dombås and Trondheim to Bodø. Neither spoke much English so I enjoyed taking the time to get some language practice in!
I think I've also had the best of the weather as it's been very hot the past few days. Only mishap I've had is that I twisted my ankle this morning on Trondheim station so walking is a bit of a challenge currently! Thankfully I haven't had to do anything today other than ride the train to Bodø but wandering around Tromsø tomorrow might be a little limited.
Last edited: