Saw a logoless 150133 at Crewe today, think it's just been refurbished at Crewe works?
Strange as it was logoless in the new Northern livery. Was it only partially completed?
they get the mods done at doncaster then refurb and decals done at crewe.Strange as it was logoless in the new Northern livery. Was it only partially completed?
Thats weird, wouldn't it make more sense to train them on the lines they'll likely be used forAs soon as enough crew have been trained the 331s will be introduced into service same as the 170s were.
The first crews will be Leeds and Doncaster, followed by Skipton in the east for the 331s but training runs will be between Doncaster and York
Thats weird, wouldn't it make more sense to train them on the lines they'll likely be used for
They struggle for 333s as it is to work the triangle. I also suspect that very few, if any, Donny crews sign 333s.Couldn't a 333 just replace that 170, I think its pointless to run a DMU on a service that runs on electric wires all the way
Until the 195s enter service more 158s will be used in the north west, especially the three car sets on routes north of Preston.
150137 returned today from Crewe LNWR with new livery and what looked like redone inside with new seating fabric and recoloured handles (Yellow!) seen passing through Victoria enroute to Newton Heath.
Apologies for the blur it was travelling non-stop through Victoria.
![]()
Northern 150137 by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
![]()
Northern 150137 by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

what do you mean by 'the rest of the TOC'? Do you mean the trains that aren't in the new livery yetThat livery really has grown on me - I like it now. Shame about the rest of the TOC...![]()
what do you mean by 'the rest of the TOC'? Do you mean the trains that aren't in the new livery yet
I'd imagine it means he likes the livery, but not the TOC itself.
Some are the new, male voice; some are a new, female voice. The announcements are less accurate in terms of station pronunciation than they used to be (e.g. mis-pronouncing Kirkby).Can anyone that's ridden a Northern train in the past week confirm if the automated announcements have changed on their trains (excluding 333 units and 321s/322s) from the female voice to a male voice.?
This video appears to confirm it: https://twitter.com/VT390010/status/1105879600444465152
I get it, so there are three PIS voices on Northern's trains (i've included the 333 voices as part of that if you're asking where the third PIS voice comes in). I always though there were two which were the female voice and the 333 voice. I never knew about the third PIS voice until now. As for the female PIS voice you were on about, is it the same female voice as heard on the already existing Northern units with PRM mods or different voice?Some are the new, male voice; some are a new, female voice. The announcements are less accurate in terms of station pronunciation than they used to be (e.g. mis-pronouncing Kirkby).
I had several Class 319's last week, all of which had the original female voiceCan anyone that's ridden a Northern train in the past week confirm if the automated announcements have changed on their trains (excluding 333 units and 321s/322s) from the female voice to a male voice.?
This video appears to confirm it: https://twitter.com/VT390010/status/1105879600444465152
The refurbished 333s still have their original announcements so for the time being they can't announce those station audibly. I've seen a video where you can hear the original announcements on on announcing 'The Next Station is Shipley'.Does anyone know if the refurbished 333s now actually audibly announce Apperley Bridge and Kirkstall Forge which the original male recorded auto announcements couldn’t do and were silent when the trains arrived at these new stations?
I should have really included 319s since they were one of the first Units to have automated announcements, but I thought that since they're staying a few of them might have had their automated announcements switched. May I also mention there are no 319s where I live so that's why I didn't include them either.I had several Class 319's last week, all of which had the original female voice
Definitely a new voice. Also heard her at some stations (Pemberton & Wigan Wallgate being examples), replacing the old announcements there too. She sounds much more 'posh', and has a much more southern accent than the old announcements.As for the female PIS voice you were on about, is it the same female voice as heard on the already existing Northern units with PRM mods or different voice?
Definitely a new voice. Also heard her at some stations (Pemberton & Wigan Wallgate being examples), replacing the old announcements there too. She sounds much more 'posh', and has a much more southern accent than the old announcements.
Hope it isn't the same woman Northern use at many of their stations already. I can't bear the way she pronounces Todmorden, Bradford Forster Square or Keighley!