175001
On Moderation
150205 in base livery passed me at Rochdale earlier
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K97239/2017/09/23/advanced
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K97239/2017/09/23/advanced
The 155s were originally fitted with Ashbourne seating. They had grey moquette with red chevrons as per the original 156 seating.
A unit is currently en-route from Newton Heath to Doncaster. It'll pass me at Mirfield I think as I'm currently on the 12:44 Wakefield Westgate to Huddersfield
Has it been established why they have not changed the seat covers?Not sure if this has been mentioned already but 158754's interior refresh differs slightly to that of 158752 & 158756 as it retains original seat covers and has yellow handrails/seat handles as per the refurbished 150/1's
Here is a pic of 158754's interior today
https://www.flickr.com/photos/railphotosonline/37264377511/in/photostream/
Surely, it should have passed you by now..
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but 158754's interior refresh differs slightly to that of 158752 & 158756 as it retains original seat covers and has yellow handrails/seat handles as per the refurbished 150/1's
Here is a pic of 158754's interior today
https://www.flickr.com/photos/railphotosonline/37264377511/in/photostream/
I know I've said this no number of times now, but I really do think that Northern should go back to using the original, pastel lilac, Arriva turquoise & pink roundels on the livery, instead of blue, yellow & old Northern purple!
(yesterday the conductor-ess on my 150 back from Knaresborough was in the new uniform which features an Arriva turquoise stripe, so now the yellow roundels, handrails & seat grabs don't fit in, wheeras the Arriva turquoise ones do)
From my afternoon's travels I have recorded 156479 and one other 156 as being in full livery. I'm sure that 156479 was, but I wasn't paying quite so much attention when the other was passing, so I think I'll chicken out, until I see it again, from saying it's in the new colours.
Has it been established why they have not changed the seat covers?
Sam
Either they've ran out of the moquette or it's a temporary fix and they're waiting for new seats?
Either they've ran out of the moquette or it's a temporary fix and they're waiting for new seats?
The 150 I got a ride on last week was one of a pair of refurbs running together, and neither had the seats recovered.
None of the 150s have had new seats or seat cushions/covers- the 158s have had, apart from the most recent one.
I'm sure someone's posted photos of ex-LM/ATN 150s which have new seat covers and repainted white grab handles, even if some of the others have just had a repaint, including painting the grab handles yellow.
I think it's all going on who the leasing company is to be honest, as I think the ones that have been going to brodies are getting a more of an internal refresh then the ones going to Doncaster and LWNR Crewe
I'm sure someone's posted photos of ex-LM/ATN 150s which have new seat covers and repainted white grab handles, even if some of the others have just had a repaint, including painting the grab handles yellow.
The first 150 that appeared in new livery (was it 275?!) definitely had new seat covers as I travelled on it a while back!
None of the 150s have had new seats or seat cushions/covers- the 158s have had, apart from the most recent one.
Angel Trains own them.Who operates the 156's that have the Richmond seats as I saw one going to Glasgow in new livery with the PRM equipment fitted.
It's quite the mish mash, isn't it? The likes of EMT, Arriva Trains Wales, Wessex Trains and Northern Spirit never encountered such a convoluted process when refurbishing Sprinter units. I suppose this is the price to pay when the government and operators bury their heads in the sand regarding regulations that have been known about for years until the last possible moment.Just got home after a trip up to the Lake District to cover a couple of lines I've not done, Morecambe and Windermere on Northern units in various states of disrepair, this whole refurb situation seems to be really disorganised, at least, from an outsiders perspective.
The 156's I've had in the new livery already look tired due to the white livery showing the dirt up...
It's quite the mish mash, isn't it? The likes of EMT, Arriva Trains Wales, Wessex Trains and Northern Spirit never encountered such a convoluted process when refurbishing Sprinter units. I suppose this is the price to pay when the government and operators bury their heads in the sand regarding regulations that have been known about for years until the last possible moment.
Originally Posted by 507021
Another update. Thanks to 1179_Clee2, 158722 and M1544 for their recent updates.
Units in red are in the Northern Rail livery or their former operator's livery.
Units in blue are in the Northern livery.
Units in purple are in the base Northern livery.
Units in bold are fully refurbished.
Units with a ^ are out of service for refurbishment/PRM mods.
Units with a * have received PRM modifications.
Units with a $ are currently stored/out of service.
319s with an F are having engines fitted for the 319 Flex programme.
Class 150s:
150103, 150110, 150111, 150112, 150113, 150114, 150115, 150116, 150117, 150118, 150119, 150132, 150133, 150134*, 150135, 150136*, 150137*, 150138, 150139, 150140*, 150141, 150142^, 150143, 150144, 150145, 150146, 150147, 150148, 150149, 150150.
150201, 150203, 150204*, 150205^, 150206*, 150207, 150210, 150211*, 150214, 150215, 150218, 150220*, 150222*, 150223*, 150224, 150225, 150226, 150228, 150268, 150269, 150270, 150271, 150272, 150273, 150274, 150275* 150276*$, 150277.
Due: 150001, 150002*; 150101, 150102, 150104, 150105, 150106, 150107, 150108, 150109, 150120, 150121, 150122, 150123, 150124, 150125, 150126*, 150127, 150128, 150129, 150130, 150131; 150202*, 150216*.
Class 155s:
155341, 155342, 155343, 155344, 155345^, 155346*, 155347.
Class 156s:
156420, 156421, 156423, 156424, 156425, 156426, 156427, 156428, 156429, 156438, 156440, 156441, 156443*, 156444*, 156448, 156451*, 156452, 156454*, 156455, 156459, 156460, 156461, 156463*, 156464, 156466, 156468, 156469, 156471*, 156472*, 156475, 156479*, 156480, 156481*, 156482*, 156483*, 156484*, 156486*, 156487*, 156488^, 156489*, 156490, 156491*.
Due: 1564??, 1564??, 1564??, 1564??, 1564??.
Class 158s:
2-car: 158784, 158787, 158790, 158791, 158792, 158793, 158794, 158795, 158796, 158797, 158815, 158816, 158817, 158842, 158843, 158844, 158845*, 158848, 158849, 158850, 158851, 158853, 158855, 158859, 158860*, 158861, 158872, 158901, 158902, 158903, 158904, 158905, 158906, 158907, 158908, 158909, 158910.
3-car: 158752*, 158753*, 158754*, 158755^, 158756*, 158757, 158758, 158759.
Due: 158782, 158786, 158789, 158867, 158868, 158869, 158870, 158871.
Note: 158906 is fitted with WiFi, charging points and a PIS in one carriage.
Class 170s:
170453, 170454, 170455, 170456, 170457, 170458, 170459, 170460, 170461, 170472, 170473, 170474, 170475, 170476, 170477, 170478.
Class 319s:
319361*, 319362*, 319363*, 319364*, 319365*, 319366*, 319367*, 319368*, 319369*, 319370*, 319371, 319374*, 319375*, 319376, 319377*, 319378, 319379*, 319380, 319381*$, 319382*, 319383, 319384*$, 319385$, 319386.
319424*, 319431*^, 319434*F, 319442^, 319448*, 319450*, 319456*F, 319458*^.
Class 333s:
333001, 333002, 333003, 333004, 333005, 333006, 333007, 333008, 333009, 333010, 333011, 333012, 333013, 333014, 333015, 333016.
If anybody notices any mistakes, or has information on the PRM status of the units expected to arrive, please let me know.
The 156 I chickened out of reporting the other day was 156486, but I have seen it on two further occasions and can confirm that it's in full livery including blue ends, lettering, and bubbles. It's been stabled in Platform 2 at Wigan North Western all day today.