nolypops83
Member
Consideration.Yes I have had the same today, are you under review or consideration?
Consideration.Yes I have had the same today, are you under review or consideration?
Good luck, when is it?I've been invited to interview, they emailed me yesterday morning.
Good luck, when is it?
Thank you! They're held between 7th-17th May, you get to book a slot of your preference. I wouldn't be completely disheartened if anyone applying goes past these dates though, as I've applied before and been left on "under consideration" for a while after. I imagine that's in case they don't find what they're looking for in the initial interviews. I'm nervous! I can write reams of possible answers with ease but I don't have much interview experience as I've always stuck at my roles long term. It's daunting but I suppose even if I don't make it this time I'll get some experience to help me along if I have to apply again. Good luck to you too!Good luck, when is it?
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. It's good to know they were a nice panel, it's made me breathe a little sigh of relief after a couple more hours of prep tonight!Just make sure you know facts about Northern and have a good answer as to why you want to be a driver. They interview questions last year were competency-based so have a few situations in mind (take a look at the non-technical skills). The panel I had were lovely and made me feel at ease so be confident and passionate and look professional. If you've done your homework, you're on this forum so I suspect you have, then you have nothing to worry about.
If you're anything like me and refreshing your portal every 5 minutes then this waiting part is the hardest bit.
I started this week as a trainee driver and that's just about 6 months on from my job application closing. I think for the railway that's a relatively quick turnaround. I have heard the process can take quite a while, sometimes years. Having said that, Northern have a massive recruitment drive on now so it's a good time to be applying.
Hi Si, Can you remember anything from trainability for rules part 1 ( the physcometric test ) the fictional story ?If you're anything like me and refreshing your portal every 5 minutes then this waiting part is the hardest bit.
I started this week as a trainee driver and that's just about 6 months on from my job application closing. I think for the railway that's a relatively quick turnaround. I have heard the process can take quite a while, sometimes years. Having said that, Northern have a massive recruitment drive on now so it's a good time to be applying.
Assuming you have this coming up then you will get to read through it on the day you are tested.Hi Si, Can you remember anything from trainability for rules part 1 ( the physcometric test ) the fictional story ?
How did your interview go?Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. It's good to know they were a nice panel, it's made me breathe a little sigh of relief after a couple more hours of prep tonight!
I’m sorry to hear that, I still haven’t heard anythingMy application has been rejected. It was successful last year but unsuccessful this year so hard to know where I went wrong. Never mind!
Hopefully no news is good news! Got through to psychometrics last time so a little disappointed.I’m sorry to hear that, I still haven’t heard anything
Awful waiting so long to just be told no, hopefully third time is a charm for you. Mine is under consideration, convinced it will never change to under reviewHopefully no news is good news! Got through to psychometrics last time so a little disappointed.
Awful waiting so long to just be told no, hopefully third time is a charm for you. Mine is under consideration, convinced it will never change to under review
Hi, No I’m still under review.Hi, anybody had any further updates from this? Anybody made it to the talent pool or even a job offer yet?
Hold in there! I'm sure you'll hear something soon enough! I've managed to be placed in the talent pool 2 weeks ago now, so they are getting through applications.Hi, No I’m still under review.
What’s the talent pool ? And well done fingers crossedHold in there! I'm sure you'll hear something soon enough! I've managed to be placed in the talent pool 2 weeks ago now, so they are getting through applications.
It's once you've passed everything and they don't have a job to offer you straight away. Can be held in the talent pool for up to 9 months waiting for a position to be offered.What’s the talent pool ? And well done fingers crossed
I've had a provisional start date of 05/08/2024. I went for a medical last week, just awaiting the results of the drug screeningHi, anybody had any further updates from this? Anybody made it to the talent pool or even a job offer yet?
Congratulations!! When did you have your interview? Also are you going to be based at Victoria or Piccadilly?I've had a provisional start date of 05/08/2024. I went for a medical last week, just awaiting the results of the drug screening
My interview was on 15/05/24. I've not had the specifics yet of where I'll be basedCongratulations!! When did you have your interview? Also are you going to be based at Victoria or Piccadilly?
Hello can I chat you privately?My interview was on 15/05/24. I've not had the specifics yet of where I'll be based
YesHello can I chat you privately?