• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern - Trainee Driver Manchester (09/05/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jsvacina

Member
Joined
11 May 2022
Messages
8
Location
Manchester
I am new member here. I applied for trainee train driver in Manchester 7 times and still can’t get to interview stage. Hopefully this time lucky. Funny enough, I got interview for depot train driver in Manchester. Can I be direct to right thread to read a bit more about interview or so??

Thanks

Jan
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,025
Location
London
Looks like its been pulled already.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I am new member here. I applied for trainee train driver in Manchester 7 times and still can’t get to interview stage. Hopefully this time lucky. Funny enough, I got interview for depot train driver in Manchester. Can I be direct to right thread to read a bit more about interview or so??

Thanks

Jan

There's no specific thread - use the search forum as there is a lot of information about interview prep already. I would add that it seems English is not your first language (just based on your post), so ensure that your application is grammatically correct with good spelling as this will be one of the first ways to sift candidates out at the application phase.
 

jsvacina

Member
Joined
11 May 2022
Messages
8
Location
Manchester
Looks like its been pulled already.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==



There's no specific thread - use the search forum as there is a lot of information about interview prep already. I would add that it seems English is not your first language (just based on your post), so ensure that your application is grammatically correct with good spelling as this will be one of the first ways to sift candidates out at the application phase.
Thank you
 

SeanW90

Member
Joined
17 Jan 2019
Messages
38
I’m in the on hold pool for a previous vacancy from last year. Good luck to everyone who applied but be prepared for a very long wait.
 

NorthernTech

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2021
Messages
744
Location
Uk
I’m in the on hold pool for a previous vacancy from last year. Good luck to everyone who applied but be prepared for a very long wait.
What do you mean ‘on hold pool’? Did you get passed all tests and interviews for a job that was placed on hold?
 

SeanW90

Member
Joined
17 Jan 2019
Messages
38
What do you mean ‘on hold pool’? Did you get passed all tests and interviews for a job that was placed on hold?
I’ve passed the DMI and psychometrics but was put on hold for a medical and start date. I know there has been at least two driver courses running since I passed but unfortunately I’m still waiting. I know a few others are too from the vacancy last year.
 

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,894
What do you mean ‘on hold pool’? Did you get passed all tests and interviews for a job that was placed on hold?
Also called a talent pool. It's very very common in the rail industry. Pass all the assessments then get put on hold until a suitable course date comes up.

Places in the talent pool can expire, so passing everything is not a guarantee that you will actually get a position.
 

jsvacina

Member
Joined
11 May 2022
Messages
8
Location
Manchester
I’m in the on hold pool for a previous vacancy from last year. Good luck to everyone who applied but be prepared for a very long wait.
I was same. Had to wait for 6 months to find out that I position was closed. Didn’t make it to interview but did not get rejection email

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Looks like its been pulled already.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==



There's no specific thread - use the search forum as there is a lot of information about interview prep already. I would add that it seems English is not your first language (just based on your post), so ensure that your application is grammatically correct with good spelling as this will be one of the first ways to sift candidates out at the application phase.
Thanks for suggestion. My english is not my first language but I can speak and write fluently as I work in safety critical environment so my english language level is quite good. I am aware that application must be without errors. Thanks
 

TreacleMiller

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2020
Messages
537
Location
-
I was same. Had to wait for 6 months to find out that I position was closed. Didn’t make it to interview but did not get rejection email

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thanks for suggestion. My english is not my first language but I can speak and write fluently as I work in safety critical environment so my english language level is quite good. I am aware that application must be without errors. Thanks

The "On hold pool" is only for candidates that have passed the interviews ad psychometric testing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top