• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern - Trainee Conductor - Newcastle (03/09/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominikM

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2021
Messages
56
Location
Newcastle

Has anyone else applied for this?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

azOOOOOma

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2023
Messages
303
Location
Durham
No not yet busy day today and tomorrow so going to do it possibly on Thursday morning when I’ve got no distractions. Did you do them?
 

banksywhoshe

Member
Joined
6 Apr 2015
Messages
61
I’ve an interview with them for guard tomorrow , I work for the company already but a lower paid role. good luck all!
 

billo848

New Member
Joined
7 Sep 2023
Messages
3
Location
Newcastle

Has anyone else applied for this?
Yeah, I've applied for that too. Anyone know when they'll let us know about interviews after we've done the assessments?
 

DominikM

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2021
Messages
56
Location
Newcastle
Yeah, I've applied for that too. Anyone know when they'll let us know about interviews after we've done the assessments?
I believe people will be invited to an in-person assessment day if they passed these assessments. Have you completed your assessments?
 

DominikM

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2021
Messages
56
Location
Newcastle
I think I did okay on the maths, I believe I got all correct except for 2, but the verbal reasoning was quite challenging as I hadn't done that kind of assessment in a long time. Wish I had taken more time to practice, but we'll see how it goes.
 

Andywen

Member
Joined
26 Apr 2023
Messages
28
Location
Stockton on tees
I think I did okay on the maths, I believe I got all correct except for 2, but the verbal reasoning was quite challenging as I hadn't done that kind of assessment in a long time. Wish I had taken more time to practice, but we'll see how it goes.
What sort of maths testes were they? Just asking for future reference
 

DominikM

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2021
Messages
56
Location
Newcastle
What sort of maths testes were they? Just asking for future reference
You are presented with substitution questions, where there is a missing number from the equation and you have to find out what it is. You get 20 seconds to view the question and then 10 seconds to write down an answer. There are 5 sections in total and each section reduces the time to view the question by 1 second, meaning the last section will give you 16 seconds to view the question. You get to practice before starting the assessment.
 

billo848

New Member
Joined
7 Sep 2023
Messages
3
Location
Newcastle
Is there an interview in this process or not? I got an email saying I got within the test threshold but that they will assess the application in relation to the role criteria and requirements.
 

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,902
Is there an interview in this process or not? I got an email saying I got within the test threshold but that they will assess the application in relation to the role criteria and requirements.
Yes there's an interview. From memory everyone does the online tests, the best applications are then taken forward to interview.
 

DominikM

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2021
Messages
56
Location
Newcastle
Anyone else here still waiting for a response? I received an email today stating I should expect to get an update next month, as the recruitment for this position has been paused for a while.
 

LeeH

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2023
Messages
22
Location
Ne312lg

Has anyone else applied for this?
Anyone else here still waiting for a response? I received an email today stating I should expect to get an update next month, as the recruitment for this position has been paused for a while.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hi Dominik, it all takes a while. Try and keep patient. You will get there.
I applied in January and have my medical this week.
 
Last edited:

DominikM

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2021
Messages
56
Location
Newcastle
No worries mate, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I'm fully expecting to be waiting a long time for a job like this :)
 

LeeH

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2023
Messages
22
Location
Ne312lg
No worries mate, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I'm fully expecting to be waiting a long time for a job like this :)
Hopefully you dont have to wait too long.

After I was successful on application form and online assessments I got an email saying they’d withdrawn the post but that my application would stay under consideration for up to 6 months.
Near the end of the 6 months I received an email out of the blue saying they were still considering my application and there was no need for me to reapply. About 3 weeks later I received an email to say I had an interview.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top