Hardly anyone else will get paid extra for these days. This is pathetic. Bob Crowe has no understanding of how the real world works. I will most certainly not have any sympathy for the strikers, as I'm expected to be at work on these two days for the same rate as usual.
Once again foolhardy people slagging off Bob
C R O W CROW It is, CROW it is, 'CROWE' it isnt!
Wait a minute did i say Bob Crow? I actually thought it was Northern Rail staff....... Oh silly me i must be really silly to think that ONLY Bob Crow makes staff vote for industrial action. I actually though that a legal ballot of RMT members in Northern rail were to be balloted not Bob Crow.... Oh silly me again.
So what your really saying is that because you MUST work for flat rate on over Christmas everyone else must? I dont think the real world works like that, unless i am being silly again.
Although how does having no staff and no trains on those days grab you? If the company thinks that staff should be working over Christmas then they should pay the going rate. It is rather fortunate that London Overground have no trains running due to engineering works otherwise the same scenario would apply here too.
I dont get sympathy from the general public when the service is running well, so i dont expect it when we go on strike or take industrial action.
Actually in my terms and Conditions it says 'Conductors will get paid Double time on the following days only 25 & 26 December, should those days fall on a weekend the Conductors will retrospectively get paid double time on the 27 & 28 December'. As an aside the only other day i get paid for any extra is Good Friday at time plus three quarters, ALL other days are paid at flat rate including other Bank holidays and Saturdays, even my wife who works for tesco has better renumeration, she is paid double time for Sundays and bank Holidays.