• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Ticket Acceptance & Northern special offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2010
Messages
2,071
Location
Selby
Hi chaps and chappesses, I think I know the answer to this (i'm presuming no), but would a Northern special offer ticket be included in the blanket Northern ticket acceptance as outlined in this URL? https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/news/latest-news/1894-ticket-acceptance

Code:
Northern tickets will now be accepted on a number of other train companies' services until 29 July 2018.

This means if your Northern train is delayed or cancelled, you can use your ticket to travel on the below train companies’ services:

    TransPennine Express
    Virgin Trains
    Merseyrail
    Virgin Trains East Coast
    CrossCountry
    East Midlands Trains

Would strike action count as cancellation?

I see nothing to exclude them 8-)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2017
Messages
6,416
Hi chaps and chappesses, I think I know the answer to this (i'm presuming no), but would a Northern special offer ticket be included in the blanket Northern ticket acceptance as outlined in this URL? https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/news/latest-news/1894-ticket-acceptance

Code:
Northern tickets will now be accepted on a number of other train companies' services until 29 July 2018.

This means if your Northern train is delayed or cancelled, you can use your ticket to travel on the below train companies’ services:

    TransPennine Express
    Virgin Trains
    Merseyrail
    Virgin Trains East Coast
    CrossCountry
    East Midlands Trains

Would strike action count as cancellation?

I see nothing to exclude them 8-)
If the strike action causes your booked/chosen service to be delayed or cancelled then I would presume you are entitled to use another TOC's services as is reasonable to complete your journey.
 
Last edited:

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
5,628
Location
Birmingham
Previously, the answer has been yes. Staff are on the whole reasonable and just want to get you where you need to be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top