• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Stock on Various Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daimler

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2009
Messages
1,197
Location
Hertfordshire
With regards to a trip up to Lancashire I'm planning next week, what stock can I expect on these (Northern Rail) routes?

Liverpool Lime Street - Blackpool North
Lancaster - Morecambe (was a 156 last time I was up there, is this standard?)
Morecambe/Lancaster - Leeds via Hellifield (a Pacer, I think, but not sure...)
Leeds - Carlisle via the S&C

Thanks! :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
Liv - Blackpool: 156/150
Lancaster - Morecambe: 153/156, usually 153s.
Leeds - Carlisle: 158/156/153
 

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,565
Morecambe-Leeds via Hellifield is usually a 144 but can produce 142s as well. 150, 156 and even 158s have appeared before now too.

142s can also appear on the Blackpool-Liverpool service although this is unusual during the week.

Settle & Carlisle is normally a 158.

With Northern anything can turn up regardless of booked traction. Have a great trip!
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
When I was in Blackpool, I saw about 5 Liverpool trains and they were 142s every time
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
When I was in Blackpool, I saw about 5 Liverpool trains and they were 142s every time

They are only every hour. Are you sure you saw five?

Anyhow, as has been said, they are booked for, and usually are 150/156.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
I'm sure the 0900 service from Leeds to Carlisle on Sundays was or is booked 3x153s. Thats what I heard anyways

They are only every hour. Are you sure you saw five?

Anyhow, as has been said, they are booked for, and usually are 150/156.

I was there for a week :(
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
I was there for a week :(

What did you do to deserve to be in Blackpool for a week? :(

In addition to what has already been said, I think one of the late evening Liverpool - Blackpool services is diagrammed for a 142.
 

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
5,078
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
It won't be 156 - none are based at Neville Hill anymore, 158's are the primary unit used, I can't remember the last time anything else worked it...

Well you haven't remembered the daily booked 153 strengthener Leeds-Carlisle and return then. Its part of the "Penzance to Carlisle by rocket" challenge....
 

158757

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2007
Messages
501
Liverpool Lime Street - Blackpool North

Booked 150/156

Lancaster - Morecambe

Usually 156 with some 153's, Leeds through services will be a pacer or 150.

Morecambe/Lancaster - Leeds via Hellifield

More than likely a 144. 0819 Leeds-Morecambe/1034 return is booked 150.

1019/1329 return is Booked a pacer and has to be as it runs through to Heysham which only Barrow crews sign, and they don't sign 150's.

1349/1619 return is booked 153+144, but can turn up a 142 vice 144, 153 will be locked out as it is detached at Lancaster on the outbound leg

1639/1908 return is booked 144, can turn up a 142. 153 attached at Lancaster on the outbound leg, but is locked out of use as it is removed at Skipton on the return journey (used to be, haven't done the service for a few months)

Leeds - Carlisle via the S&C

0849/1151 return is booked 158+153

0947/1400 return is booked 2x158

1049/1503 return is booked 158

1249/1618 return is booked 158

1449/1807 return is booked 158+153 (same set that does 0849/1151)

1756 is booked 158 and stables overnight to form 0853 ex-Carlisle next day

1919 to Ribblehead is booked 158 and stables overnight at Skipton.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top