Ben Anslow
Member
Any idea what northern revealing any predictions?
northerns instagram picture of a seat attached screenshot captioned something’s coming . Either in for a major surprise or major disappointmentBased on last time, probably just a flash sale.
What's the source of this?
Yes that's what happened to me last time there was a thread like this.Yeah it will surely just be a flash sale or similar? Or maybe a Christmas advert or similar. I reckon anyone expecting anything too interesting is rather letting themselves in for disappointment!![]()
But how many services are even being added, the Sheffield - Leeds fast is the only one I can immediately think of (but I haven't been paying as close attention to the timetable change thread this year)My money will be on an announcement about how they are adding X thousand extra seats with some additional services in the new timetable.
Or they will spin it with more trains running with 6 coaches of suburban spec 323 stock on the important Manchester - Blackpool corridor etc.But how many services are even being added, the Sheffield - Leeds fast is the only one I can immediately think of (but I haven't been paying as close attention to the timetable change thread this year)
If there's one thing I know about that service it's that standing space is much more important than seating space.Or they will spin it with more trains running with 6 coaches of suburban spec 323 stock on the important Manchester - Blackpool corridor etc.

We all know which side of the Pennines gets the "sticky" end of the stick, and it isn't the west!If there's one thing I know about that service it's that standing space is much more important than seating space.
I'd almost forgotten they shipped another of Manchester's 331s off to Leeds.
Is this about to descend into some sort of 4 Yorkshiremen sketch but with a cross-Pennine flavour?We all know which side of the Pennines gets the "sticky" end of the stick, and it isn't the west!
You can have the 195s when we're done with themBesides, we all know that the real poor relation in the Northern operation isn't Manchester or Leeds it's the North East. We could only dream of the luxury of a modern EMU up here when we're still in 1980s and early 90s Sprinters![]()
There already is an (unadvertised) Northern Flash Sale, which could be it.
Judging by a "constant" quick succession of knocking noises like something was loose under my carriage of 7-year-old 195119 the other day, is 15 "only" for the 195s? As someone who hadn't ridden on 195s since late 2022 and is used to 197s and 196s (that don't do it), it was a bit of an unpleasant surprise. Also, the gearbox wasn't behaving as well as on 197s and 196s, changing down-up-down-up at times.You can have the 195s when we're done with them, they'll only be about 15 by the time we'll have enough bi-modes to spare some.