Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
With regard to this thread: https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...ucturing-at-an-end.307618/page-2#post-7961764
I am intending to use Northern to make a journey from Windermere to Ormskirk this Sunday, it would be Northern to Preston (or to Oxenholme thence Avanti to Preston), Northern to Liverpool thence Merseyrail, as Preston-Ormskirk does not run on Sundays. It is likely to be mid to late afternoon but I am reasonably flexible aside from that.
Is it likely this journey will be possible? Replacement buses are also acceptable, but "no service" obviously isn't.
I won't be in a hurry so a free trip via Delay Repay would be fine.
Do we know when Sunday's timetable is likely to be published and if it's likely volunteer numbers will be very low as a result of the TPE strikes to the point there is no usable service on any of Northern West? Or just a few cancellations on top of the usual reduced Sunday service? And are these likely to be ad hoc i.e. Delay Repay-able or are they likely to be P-coded on Saturday evening?
I won't be stranded as the whole thing can be done by a series of service buses (Windermere-Lancaster, Lancaster-Preston then Preston-Ormskirk) but I'd rather not have to fall back on that option. Plus the last Preston-Ormskirk bus on a Sunday is rather early (1720), though in extremis there's the option of Preston-Southport then a lengthy Merseyrail run back via Liverpool.
I am intending to use Northern to make a journey from Windermere to Ormskirk this Sunday, it would be Northern to Preston (or to Oxenholme thence Avanti to Preston), Northern to Liverpool thence Merseyrail, as Preston-Ormskirk does not run on Sundays. It is likely to be mid to late afternoon but I am reasonably flexible aside from that.
Is it likely this journey will be possible? Replacement buses are also acceptable, but "no service" obviously isn't.
I won't be in a hurry so a free trip via Delay Repay would be fine.
Do we know when Sunday's timetable is likely to be published and if it's likely volunteer numbers will be very low as a result of the TPE strikes to the point there is no usable service on any of Northern West? Or just a few cancellations on top of the usual reduced Sunday service? And are these likely to be ad hoc i.e. Delay Repay-able or are they likely to be P-coded on Saturday evening?
I won't be stranded as the whole thing can be done by a series of service buses (Windermere-Lancaster, Lancaster-Preston then Preston-Ormskirk) but I'd rather not have to fall back on that option. Plus the last Preston-Ormskirk bus on a Sunday is rather early (1720), though in extremis there's the option of Preston-Southport then a lengthy Merseyrail run back via Liverpool.