• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Railway Last Train Problems at Bridlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunfordBridge

Member
Joined
13 Apr 2013
Messages
600
Location
Scarborough
I don't think there are any tourist buses at 2am on a Monday morning :lol:

I was travelling from Exeter to Stevenge. The train into Paddington was delayed, arriving after 01:00 meaning the last train from Kings Cross to Stevenage was missed. I needed a taxi from Paddington to Stevenage but despite the guard on the train to Paddington collating all the info en-route this wasn't passed on leaving the staff at Paddington to sort things out. It was over 2 hours before I was in a taxi...
No, not much call for tourist buses at those times. Your story just shows how easy it is get things wrong in terms of customer service. I am now wondering if there was something in the passenger charter that you should have had a hotel room booked for you.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bengley

Established Member
Joined
18 May 2008
Messages
1,987
Let us just get a few things straight. The driver cannot proceed unless he has both a signal for his route that is not showing danger and has received the signal from the guard that the train is ready to start once platform work has safely been completed. There will be variations for driver-only operated trains.

It just so happens that platform work was not complete on this occasion. The train driver would have had no concerns about punctuality if the guard had used all the options available to him or had approached me prior to our arrival in Bridlington informing me of the situation rather than me having to track down the guard when it was appropriate for me to do so. Everyone would have been happy (or happier) and the train driver would not have felt the need to stare at me as if I had just arrived from another planet.

Cheers for explaining to me (a train driver) how departure from a station works, I never would have guessed! :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top