• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whatapratt

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2014
Messages
11
Just wondering did anyone apply for the trainee driver at manchester and is still waiting to hear? I've received the email informing I've pass the assessment stage and that they are currently reviewing the requirements for Drivers in Manchester but haven't heard anything since and it's been a few months. Didn't know if I was the only one not heard anything. Thanks

I'm in the same boat buddy. I'm constantly looking at my emails and diving for the phone whenever it rings. Ring me Northern Rail. Ring me!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Llama

Established Member
Joined
29 Apr 2014
Messages
1,959
Greetings, first post, long time observer.

The required driver establishment is unlikely to be known before the traincrew diagrams for the May TT change are finalised, this is some way short of completion (might be another week yet) as there are wholesale changes to some depots' work.

The next trainee driver course commences in June.
 

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
Greetings, first post, long time observer.

The required driver establishment is unlikely to be known before the traincrew diagrams for the May TT change are finalised, this is some way short of completion (might be another week yet) as there are wholesale changes to some depots' work.

The next trainee driver course commences in June.

Hi, do you know when conductor courses are running for Skipton?

I'm not on May course but Been told August.

Cheers
 

Llama

Established Member
Joined
29 Apr 2014
Messages
1,959
Hi, no sorry I am only involved with drivers on the west of the Pennines.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Do you know if anyone has been told or likely be next week after the re-write?
 

Bluebri

Member
Joined
27 Nov 2013
Messages
180
Location
Wallasey
Hi, no sorry I am only involved with drivers on the west of the Pennines.

Probably a longshot, but are you aware if there will be any Depot Drivers attached to the course in June? I'm in the pool for Allerton and all quiet on the Western front :roll: Thanks in advance for any info.
 

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
Nice to have some input! Gives us hope things are moving.

We don't ask much, just a little whisper every now and again, gives us hope !
 

challyabnger

Member
Joined
21 Nov 2013
Messages
27
Location
oldham
I rang hr today. Again they stated there are courses but they dont know an exaxt date. There are still some people who passed in december who will be on the coarse first I passed mine jan 27
 

Llama

Established Member
Joined
29 Apr 2014
Messages
1,959
Not sure about depot drivers, they are not trained by mainline driver instructors once they leave classroom based training at Bolton (training school).

So far this year courses have started in Jan, Feb and April. There is one trainee driver course planned for June, at least two other courses planned for later this year last time I checked, possibly Sept & Nov, I can't remember. Based on figures available at the time, the numbers of trainees required for each depot on each course are allocated up to 12 months in advance, and updated at intervals. All trainee numbers for each depot are subject to adjustment depending how the May '14 diagrams affect depot establishments once finalised, and obviously any existing drivers leaving the company in the interim. These diagram changes are the biggest recast since the Dec '08 change.
 

jimmy key

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
33
Location
right here
On the driver course ? Are you internal mate ? When dis you find out ?
Yes mate internal. Depot driver. Got the news confirmed yesterday.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I thought you had already started jimmy

So did I mate. Was a discrepancy with regards psychometric test. Got back dated on the 11th hour to sit it. Passed, now on the june trip.
 

Llama

Established Member
Joined
29 Apr 2014
Messages
1,959
Do you know if anyone has been told or likely be next week after the re-write?
That isn't something I would find out until names start appearing in the allotted spaces on each course on the wall planner, only HR would have the info until then. I would be more likely to find out on threads on this forum who has been successful - two of my last three trainees had posted on here (or the other threads from last year) that they had passed everything & been given start dates, months before they even met me or the other DIs, this thread or those like it seem to be a rite of passage for trainees and us DIs (and no doubt DMs & HR) have a nosy every now and then to see who is in the pipeline.

Jimmy Key, glad it is all sorted now and hopefully see you in a couple of months for front-end turns etc and all that follows - if you are wondering who I am think back to last Feb in Bolton. I have chatted with you a few times about going main line since then, most recently when I was on shed the other week cadging a lift down to Vic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top