• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Remember after the last time she sent a friendly email line this out Red18 got the call the day after! Lol
(arse and elbow come to mind)
 

MadeinWigan

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2012
Messages
80
The excitement stage is over for me. If I get an offer before autumn I'll be very happy. I'm just investigating other options so I'm prepared should a job offer not materialise.
 

david898

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2014
Messages
35
I can understand the email though they have had a lot of applications for various vacancies and bet they are being drowned in a mass of emails and calls, whilst also looking after current staff. Is still annoying but guess what will be will be! Guy from my current work is moving to northern and said his hr stuff was slow and painful at times, for now I will wait day dreaming as I see northern trains passed by the yard :/
 

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
Yep had an email today. First of a few I'm thinking, only been a few weeks. If they phoned me today and said I can start in January, I'd be happy but its just the unknown that worries me.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
It's the not knowing is right, not knowing if you can give your family a holiday or should you be looking for a different career, it's an unsavoury way to treat human beings with ambition
 

Happy18

New Member
Joined
10 Apr 2014
Messages
4
Just wondering did anyone apply for the trainee driver at manchester and is still waiting to hear? I've received the email informing I've pass the assessment stage and that they are currently reviewing the requirements for Drivers in Manchester but haven't heard anything since and it's been a few months. Didn't know if I was the only one not heard anything. Thanks
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Have you done stage 1 and 2?
Its starting to look like they may have over estimated what they need :(
 

Happy18

New Member
Joined
10 Apr 2014
Messages
4
Yeah did them in jan and got the confirmation email I passed at the start of feb but having looked on here seems people have received a email recently, although from what has been said the email doesn't say much and I haven't received anything at all. I applied a few years ago and never got past the application stage however it took 10 months to inform me so hoping I haven't been forgotten about again
 

Happy18

New Member
Joined
10 Apr 2014
Messages
4
Thanks thats what I was debating whether to, however cautious in case it's not good news. Does anyone have a phone number for them? Thanks
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
Yep we're all on hold at the moment. It's just a matter of patience and wait for a training session. Best thing ro do is keep your phone charged and your mind occupied with other things. You e passed the assessments so it can only be a matter of time.
 

Happy18

New Member
Joined
10 Apr 2014
Messages
4
Thanks, so I thought I'd share I've just contacted them and they asked if I had received the mail from last week which I haven't. They confirmed I'm still on hold in the talent pool and will be considered for training in the future. Although it's a bummer waiting I'm so pleased that my application hasn't been forgotten about
 
Last edited:

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Considered for training in the future, I hate that sentence they keep banding around lol
 

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
As we enter a new week, I seriously hope it holds some exciting news for us. I'll take anything, I'll be made up if I'm om the next course but I'll take anyone getting on one as positive. Its been awfully quite with regards to northern on here the last few weeks. Hopefully this week is our week !
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Have finally been managing to put it out my mind.......ish
But I agree, with conductors getting news last week, maybe it's our go :)
 

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
Have finally been managing to put it out my mind.......ish
But I agree, with conductors getting news last week, maybe it's our go :)

My prediction is within next 2 weeks people will be informed of being on a June course. :D

But yes it's been a long 4 weeks, I too have been putting it out of my mind. Only thing is when I do think about it I feel myself getting more frustrated. I can't think what I'd be like after 8 weeks.
 

leigh1990

Member
Joined
7 Apr 2014
Messages
53
Hi, i have got my Conductor Assessment on Thursday, i can see that alot of you have passed the assessment process, just wondering if you could give any tips? i have been going through all the practice material they send you but just seeing if there is any tips from people who have been successful.

Also i can see that you may be starting courses in June, if i am successful when do you think more courses would come up? i can see that numerous people on here have been waiting a long long time!
 

hidden

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2013
Messages
117
Hi, i have got my Conductor Assessment on Thursday, i can see that alot of you have passed the assessment process, just wondering if you could give any tips? i have been going through all the practice material they send you but just seeing if there is any tips from people who have been successful.

Also i can see that you may be starting courses in June, if i am successful when do you think more courses would come up? i can see that numerous people on here have been waiting a long long time!

Practice over and over but don't burn yourself out. As for courses, could be weeks or months, just keep patient, best of luck.
 

Mikey J

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2014
Messages
26
Location
Newcastle
Hi, i have got my Conductor Assessment on Thursday, i can see that alot of you have passed the assessment process, just wondering if you could give any tips? i have been going through all the practice material they send you but just seeing if there is any tips from people who have been successful.

Also i can see that you may be starting courses in June, if i am successful when do you think more courses would come up? i can see that numerous people on here have been waiting a long long time!

Further to what hidden has said, you either have it or you don't. This is what these tests determine. Go in with a cool head and do your best. That's all you can ask of yourself.

Go through the practice material to give yourself a heads up on the content but don't go wild. A good nights sleep will be the greatest help of all.

I think a lot of the people on here are wondering the same thing... I initially applied on 27/11/2013 for Driver at Victoria. Passed all the assessments at the end of January. Still waiting patiently so who knows...
 

leigh1990

Member
Joined
7 Apr 2014
Messages
53
Further to what hidden has said, you either have it or you don't. This is what these tests determine. Go in with a cool head and do your best. That's all you can ask of yourself.

Go through the practice material to give yourself a heads up on the content but don't go wild. A good nights sleep will be the greatest help of all.

I think a lot of the people on here are wondering the same thing... I initially applied on 27/11/2013 for Driver at Victoria. Passed all the assessments at the end of January. Still waiting patiently so who knows...

Thanks for the advice, practiced enough now just going to do my best thats all i can do!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top