• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Wll that's it. I passed my medical today so I'm off to drive trains :D

To all the pals I've met on here a big thanks for your support throughout the process. It made it so much easier and fun to chat with people who know exactly how it feels to have one eye on your inbox and one ear on the phone for what seemed like an eternity.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the very near future.
If you are still in the pool DO NOT give up hope; it can and does happen eventually.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Thanks red and well done, the light appears to be fading I feel, hope not but that's how I feel
 

MadeinWigan

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2012
Messages
80
Well done Red, must be a great feeling. You'll have to keep us updated on how the training goes.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Tougher sanctions on reliability and punctuality means they are gonna have to put an end to "service cancelled owing to a member of train crew being unavailable "

:) :) :)
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Tougher sanctions on reliability and punctuality means they are gonna have to put an end to "service cancelled owing to a member of train crew being unavailable "

:) :) :)

Maybe they'll reduce the maximum travelling time to work down to 15 mins then :|
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Don't know how it works at the moment but bus companys Carry spare drivers at all times, granted they ate not on 40 odd K lol
 

jimmy key

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
33
Location
right here
Cant access is at the moment but there's a customer info control job up internally, can you or anyone else tell me when it closes? (don't think it has already)
Hi mate. Got the latest vacancy sheet in front of me, I think this may be what your after.
vacancy: customer information controller
closing date: friday 4th april
 
Last edited:

KHoyle65

New Member
Joined
23 Mar 2014
Messages
3
Hi mate. Got the latest vacancy sheet in front of me, I think this may be what your after.
vacancy: customer information controller
closing date: friday 4th april

Exactly what im looking for many thanks! Gives me a bit more time than i anticipated to consider it :)
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Think the closer to summer we get we may be training throughout summer and have every weekend off to enjoy :)
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Eh? I rarely get weekends off in my current job would be far from boring. Lol
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
Here. You can have my job, and all the nights to go with it....T minus 55 mins and counting!

Mainline don't do nights ;) ( I know they work till 2? I think. )
Mon- fri days with the odd sat, feels like a ball and chain to me, miss the shifts
 

Bluebri

Member
Joined
27 Nov 2013
Messages
180
Location
Wallasey
Their numbers begin with 01904 and they leave a message if you don't answer.

So to confirm, if they are offering you a position, they ring? Is that correct? I have been checking my emails like crazy for the MDD position in Allerton.
 

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
So to confirm, if they are offering you a position, they ring? Is that correct? I have been checking my emails like crazy for the MDD position in Allerton.

Yes that's correct.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If there's a change to traincrew plans and other application updates they'll email you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top