• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
No mate, I got approached by my depot DTM who told me that he, along with my depot Manger and operations team leaders had been asked to release me for the april course to which they all agreed. this was on friday so im expecting the joining details to possibly land mon/tue. Fortunately for me I had just had a medical Wednesday for me to continue my depot driver/instructor role, so was pleased to be told that it will also cover me for the mainline position to.

was this for man or wigan? ( congrats by the way )
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
They haven't specified a depot for rest of us yet have they, I wouldn't mind picc....hell I wouldn't mind anywhere! Lol
 

jimmy key

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
33
Location
right here
Im under the impression that those guys going to pic would possibly get passed out sooner than the chaps for vic as currently victoria are a tad short on instructor's to carry out the route learning stages.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
Im under the impression that those guys going to pic would possibly get passed out sooner than the chaps for vic as currently victoria are a tad short on instructor's to carry out the route learning stages.

There's only one other training session thou and not all picc on that , think 3 for each, think it's all up in the air at the min
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
I applied to the Vic ad then part way through my application it changed to Man and now I've been offered Pic.
 

jimmy key

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
33
Location
right here
Am I correct in thinking that anyone that has had confirmation for the april course has the 7th as the start date.
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
Well I'm still holding out for tomorrow! Gonna put my lucky pants and socks on! 7th Would be perfect. just enough time to tie up all loose ends at work and probably still have a week off to just sort some stuff out around the house.

Personally wouldn't mind either Vic or Picc. As long as it has trains and passengers in it I would be happy anywhere.
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
I'll be sending positive thoughts......

I'll be checking the forum at work throughout the day to see if you have had the call.
It would be great if you guys could get on for the 7th too.

COME ON !!!!!!!
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I'll be sending positive thoughts......

I'll be checking the forum at work throughout the day to see if you have had the call.
It would be great if you guys could get on for the 7th too.

COME ON !!!!!!!

I'm trying !!!!! ;)
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
I'm trying !!!!! ;)

It's not good enough. Try harder.
You've had long enough now.
So I suggest you stop messing about, pull your socks up, knuckle down and get it sorted.......

Sorry, slipped into 'Dad' mode for a moment there.
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I've been wearing my lucky socks all week and I can't pull them any higher!

By the way I will have to get some tips on the 'Dad' mode there, you seem to be good at it. We've just recently had a first addition to our small family and I think she already has me wrapped around her little finger.
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Having a baby at home is good practice for getting up in the middle of the night for those early shifts.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
It's not good enough. Try harder.
You've had long enough now.
So I suggest you stop messing about, pull your socks up, knuckle down and get it sorted.......

Sorry, slipped into 'Dad' mode for a moment there.

Pmsl!!!!! :o:o:D
Dad mode??? Ok gramps :lol::lol::lol:
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I've forgotten what sleep is. To be fair she is getting better and almost sleeps most of the night through in her own cot now and only gets up a few times. Wouldn't change it for the world though absolutely love it.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
I think some of us have a 50/50 chance, can't realistically think we will all get on, as much as I'd like to meet you all
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I think some of us have a 50/50 chance, can't realistically think we will all get on, as much as I'd like to meet you all

Is there any drivers sat in the talent pool from last year for man?
 
Last edited:

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Was wondering this earlier, there
Must be people in the system that don't know or not on this forum
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
Was wondering this earlier, there
Must be people in the system that don't know or not on this forum

Prob, but I don't know of many who have not got a job eventually, yes you can sit in the pool but not for " yrs" unless it's for TOC like fgw etc
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Can't see it if red has applied in November that must be as far back as the list goes
 

Wolf

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2014
Messages
112
I Got the call today guys.
Course starting in April.
A little bit short notice but what the heck, just got to do it.

:D

Congrats Red and Jimmy :) great news to hear that you guys have started to be offered places. My first day at leeds tomorrow..actually pretty nervous right now,but a very excited kind of nervous! cant believe its happened!!after all this time but its definitly being worth the wait!! Ive been told that tomorrow is an induction to company and course, guessing we may be issued with uniforms, equipment and plan for training?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sunday_mornin

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2012
Messages
254
Location
Wigan
Congrats Red and Jimmy :) great news to hear that you guys have started to be offered places. My first day at leeds tomorrow..actually pretty nervous right now,but a very excited kind of nervous! cant believe its happened!!after all this time but its definitly being worth the wait!! Ive been told that tomorrow is an induction to company and course, guessing we may be issued with uniforms, equipment and plan for training?

Company Induction is just an opportunity for you to get to know the company and their policies, not the most interesting day you'll have in the next 16 weeks.
Some equipment is usually issued on day 2 during your Home Depot visit and your uniform will arrive in dribs and drabs. You'll get introduced to the course on Wednesday, which means you'll get to see all the paperwork involved (a lot)!

Gd luck :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top