• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
I take it refreshing every 5 mins is normal behaviour whilst waiting for results ? they said it would be today I hear!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
I take it refreshing every 5 mins is normal behaviour whilst waiting for results ? they said it would be today I hear!

Yes, see if you develop a nervous twitch.:lol:

FYI, my results appeared on the NR Careers page quite a while before I got the email through. Don't know if my email was just slow but I would check the careers site first.
 

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
Thank you sir !


Yes all very quick, not a moment to gather my thoughts

Ain't gonna knock it though, made up
 

Wolf

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2014
Messages
112
Im due to start training on 17th March at Leeds, got the call last friday and welcome pack through today!! absolutly extatic :D medical is a week on friday :)
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Im due to start training on 17th March at Leeds, got the call last friday and welcome pack through today!! absolutly extatic :D medical is a week on friday :)

Hey, congratulations.
So your medical is two days before you start? Blimey.
 

Wolf

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2014
Messages
112
thanks :) yeh! I know thats what I thought , so basically I may be starting before HR have the results but somewhere on one of the forms in the welcome pack it does say that you have till 9th May to provide acceptable medical and reference results so I guess they do it that way so as not to delay people starting at short notice.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
That's one course In march at least, 2 weeks notice
There's hope for us yet

Enjoy!!
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
Congratulations 142092! Well done. I bet you cant wait to get started. Just wondering when did you do you assessments?
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
I think he was told he had passed in early Jan.
He's going to Leeds though, so different requirements and different timescales presumably.
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
Oh well, I was hoping we might be able to hear something soon too! It's exciting though to see someone get started makes it all the more closer!
 

Wolf

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2014
Messages
112
I think he was told he had passed in early Jan.
He's going to Leeds though, so different requirements and different timescales presumably.

Yes I to be based at Leeds. I did assesments before Christmas and found out if passed towards end of December. The training starts on 17 th at Leeds. Still can't believe its really happend! Im so looking forward to the challenges of the training thats hopefully about to start, and just praying I clear the final hurdle. When I went to assessments there was talk amongst some of the internals that northern were taking on about 100 new drivers so fingers crossed for all you guys I hope you all get that phone call !
 
Last edited by a moderator:

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
I keep gettin them!!!

Bad timing
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone? :/ lol
 

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
Stage 1 done today. Don't think I done great maybe average but I don't know what is classed as a pass. The assessor was quite abrupt but I suppose they have to be. Nothing I can do now but I'm not confident!
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
Stage 1 done today. Don't think I done great maybe average but I don't know what is classed as a pass. The assessor was quite abrupt but I suppose they have to be. Nothing I can do now but I'm not confident!

Abrupt??
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Stage 1 done today. Don't think I done great maybe average but I don't know what is classed as a pass. The assessor was quite abrupt but I suppose they have to be. Nothing I can do now but I'm not confident!

what makes you think you didn't do well?
I think everyone feels a bit like that afterwards.
Try not to worry, you've done all you can do for now.
Chill out over the weekend and see what Monday brings.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
I thought I'd failed at every stage

And also thought the opc folk were lovely throughout
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Yeah, I thought the assessors were really nice.
Even the guy on my stage 1 who had to send someone away because he turned up late did it in a really apologetic but professional way.
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
Yeah I felt like a had failed stage1, if you read previous posts I had said similar comments. But you don't know the pass criteria. Just relax over the weekend and don't think about it, you've probably done better than you think.
 

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
Cheers guys. I think looking at the bourdon sheet after I'd done it and realising I'd missed two, that I could see unnerved me. Then remembering the passage, not overly confident on some of my answers but think I did okay. Wow the dials certainly threw me a bit, I got into the swing of it but only managed about 24 ? Obviously I don't know how they Mark it but 24 didn't seem enough. All said and done counting the beeps was really easy, the assessor did run across the room to shout at someone which a few people found off putting. The guy next to me lost his concentration. We also had someone outside during the bourdon, manically beeping his horn for a good while.

I can't use these as an excuse as I didn't find it that off putting.


All said and done it seemed like a really good bunch of people and I wish luck to them all
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
 

david898

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2014
Messages
35
Haha I thought I had failed the dials me as I got to 3rd column of answers and realized where I was up to in my answer book was one out with the question book so the last 5 mins was spent retracing to find the point I went wrong! But i still passed :)
 

johnsonr380

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2014
Messages
152
Haha I thought I had failed the dials me as I got to 3rd column of answers and realized where I was up to in my answer book was one out with the question book so the last 5 mins was spent retracing to find the point I went wrong! But i still passed :)

It's hard isn't it, they're designed that way I suppose my eyes kept going out of focus of the bourdon test.

What will be will be, proud I'd made it through to final 37 but obviously wanna go all the way
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Just had a phone call!!!!









From my son's school saying he's dropped his dinner and iv to take more
Lol
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I can see if we all make it onto the course together it's going to be an interesting atmosphere!

Yes 302 naughty step and you will be made to sit at the back of the class! :)

By the way I was thinking about it this is day 67 since we applied for the job online all that time ago back JaNuary. How time flies ey?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Not that I'm counting days or anything just thinking about it...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top