What did everyone get told about course dates? They told me next one is end of March which is closer than my notice period! :/ (if I get offered a place! Lol)
That's what I was.told
Is anybody still mingling with us that started 24th Feb?
Any inside info?
They told me next one is end of March which is closer than my notice period! :/
If that is the case then there is the possibility of having to resign your current job without giving the minimum notice and before taking the medical.
This is a really risky position to put someone in as a medical failure would leave you out of work and with a poor reference from the employer you've just left without notice.
Nightmare scenario.
Let's hope their planning is good enough so as not to put people in this position.
Unless you lied on your application or take drugs I really don't think you would have a prob with the med
I don't expect any problems with a medical but then I don't expect my house to burn down either and I'm not going to cancel my house insurance on the off chance.
And unless you can do your own eyesight, hearing and ECG tests at home you can not be 100% sure.
I'm sure it will be fine but I just like to minimise risk,which is actually a good quality for a train driver, surely?
Should all be fine I wouldn't like to leave work before my notice as I wouldn't like to risk losing out on my final paycheck! Haha
But if worse came to worse, should all be good in medical had full drivers one 2 years ago and only difference should be a couple of pounds in weight oops :/ lol
Would have thought its similar to Hgv and pcv am I right? Bit more of course but very similar
I'm not to sure what they are like but the ones I have done involve peeing in a bottle, breathing into a gauge thing, bending and squatting, eye test, hearing test and then ECG
I'm quite thankful I only have to give 1 weeks notice :/
Your all set up for a quick change over then! Mine is. 1 month but I'm sure they my work will be flexible :/ haha
Mine was to be honest, but I asked if I could be released if successful and they have agreed
That's good of them! I'm pretty sure mine will be already even though I would be going to another TOC
I'm currently a fitter who can also drive in the yard / shed
I wish I could leave and await the word but this is probably bad but don't think I could afford not to go straight from one job to another! :/
Does everyone who passes with northern get a job?
Why would they have pushed us through so quick and be pushing more through