• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
Thats great guys. I know how you feel. Lets just hope we all get through the next stage!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
fella i know thats not on this forum got through from our session......is it me or are they being generous? lol
 

Sunday_mornin

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2012
Messages
254
Location
Wigan
fella i know thats not on this forum got through from our session......is it me or are they being generous? lol

I do believe that since the advent of these new tests the pass rate has increased dramatically. I'd imagine that the pass benchmark will alter soon enough to make passing more difficult. Northern never used to accept Borderline Passes in the past and I can see this happening again.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
so we should take advantage while we can? lol ;0

so different to previous, pass stage 2 and thats it, jobs yours pending medical?
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I do believe that since the advent of these new tests the pass rate has increased dramatically. I'd imagine that the pass benchmark will alter soon enough to make passing more difficult. Northern never used to accept Borderline Passes in the past and I can see this happening again.

Borderline ;)... Do you get the results? I'd be interested to see how I did
 

Sunday_mornin

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2012
Messages
254
Location
Wigan
Borderline ;)... Do you get the results? I'd be interested to see how I did

Nah that's the point Lou, there is no grading currently, just pass or fail. Once enough subjects have sat the tests the RSSB will have enough data to be able to adjust the pass marks to suit.

It may be that everyone who has passed on here did excellently but for those that didn't, well enjoy the pass any way.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
so we should take advantage while we can? lol ;0

so different to previous, pass stage 2 and thats it, jobs yours pending medical?

Yup, you guys are one step away theoretically. Then just medical and references to go.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
Nah that's the point Lou, there is no grading currently, just pass or fail. Once enough subjects have sat the tests the RSSB will have enough data to be able to adjust the pass marks to suit.

So how can you fail then? As obviously some have ?
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
How long did day 2 last? Morning session

We started at 9am, had the usual ID checking and then the assessor did the pre-test read through (the same as stage1) and then staight into the tests.
We had a shortbreak between each of the three tests and we were all done by 11.15.
There were three of us and the MMI was done at hourly (approx) intervals.
So the first guy was done by 12.30 and the last by about 2.30.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
We started at 9am, had the usual ID checking and then the assessor did the pre-test read through (the same as stage1) and then staight into the tests.
We had a shortbreak between each of the three tests and we were all done by 11.15.
There were three of us and the MMI was done at hourly (approx) intervals.
So the first guy was done by 12.30 and the last by about 2.30.

How many in your stage 1 then? We had 30 and I know 3 of us have got through
 

challyabnger

Member
Joined
21 Nov 2013
Messages
27
Location
oldham
not really commented on here but iv also passed. was thinking I would of found out tomoz as I received the email at half 6. gr must of been working overtime. anyway glad to hear people passed and hope we all get on same training course in the future
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
How many in your stage 1 then? We had 30 and I know 3 of us have got through

About 12 of us in my session. Though quite a few of these had applied for the Barrow depot.
There were about four or five sessions across the week I think.
 
Last edited:

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
About 12 of us in my session. Though quite a few of these had applied for the Barrow depot.
There were about four or five sessions across the week I think.

Few for the Workington one at mine, and yeah dates we were given covered most of feb, not long to go now......
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Few for the Workington one at mine, and yeah dates we were given covered most of feb, not long to go now......

I suppose the worry is that they end up with more people in the pool than they have places available.

There is a course starting on the 24th, so I wonder then the next one after that will be.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I suppose the worry is that they end up with more people in the pool than they have places available.

There is a course starting on the 24th, so I wonder then the next one after that will be.

Heard end of March and all year, but to be honest but not sure about the last one, they have to get the staff levels up to the same as when they took the franchise on
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Heard end of March and all year, but to be honest but not sure about the last one, they have to get the staff levels up to the same as when they took the franchise on

End of March would be great for me as long as I get enough notice so I don't have to leave my current employer in the lurch by leaving without working my notice.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
End of March would be great for me as long as I get enough notice so I don't have to leave my current employer in the lurch by leaving without working my notice.

I was on a months notice but can leave early so the pressure isn't as bad for me thank god, you had a date for your med yet?
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
I was on a months notice but can leave early so the pressure isn't as bad for me thank god, you had a date for your med yet?

No, that's the other thing that makes me a little nervous.
I have no reason to think I'd fail a medical but quitting a job and then being out of work because of a failed medical is a big risk.
Going to have to do it though.
 
Last edited:

MadeinWigan

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2012
Messages
80
not really commented on here but iv also passed. was thinking I would of found out tomoz as I received the email at half 6. gr must of been working overtime. anyway glad to hear people passed and hope we all get on same training course in the future

Well done. You were on the 12.30 sitting weren't you? Won't be long until I hear.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Nevermind end of march, beginning would be good for me, current job sucks! Lol
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
I see they are still looking for qualified drivers too so I suppose it depends on how many of these get taken on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top