• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I suppose you're right. I am having difficulty not thinking about it. It would have been better to have had a computerised assessment where it would tell you on the day if you passed or failed.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I suppose you're right. I am having difficulty not thinking about it. It would have been better to have had a computerised assessment where it would tell you on the day if you passed or failed.

I was to the far right 2nd row up! Where were you?
I'm not thinking about it......... Ish!
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I was sat at the front second desk as you came in. I keep telling my wife I don't want to talk about it and then bring it up. I think she is getting a bit bored of it now. I'm on the computer playing any games I have to keep my mind off it for tonight!
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I was sat at the front second desk as you came in. I keep telling my wife I don't want to talk about it and then bring it up. I think she is getting a bit bored of it now. I'm on the computer playing any games I have to keep my mind off it for tonight!

Where were you on the break ?
I did my best, and they were easier than I imagined and different , for some reason I didn't imagine listening to the tones on a CD player!
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I was in the hallway outside the toilets.
I found them easier but yet am kicking myself over how I went so slow on the dials. I am sure I got all of them right but just was shocked when the time got stopped and I had not reached 3/4! That was the only one I was a bit bothered about. When I walked in I thought they were going to use the speakers on the wall but when she put the CD in that tiny CD player I was expecting her to tell everyone to huddle closer. But it did have some volume on it!
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I was in the hallway outside the toilets.
I found them easier but yet am kicking myself over how I went so slow on the dials. I am sure I got all of them right but just was shocked when the time got stopped and I had not reached 3/4! That was the only one I was a bit bothered about. When I walked in I thought they were going to use the speakers on the wall but when she put the CD in that tiny CD player I was expecting her to tell everyone to huddle closer. But it did have some volume on it!

You couldn't have finished them all, sounds like we did ok, right it's out my head for the weekend............!
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
After my sleep I did clear it out of my head. I had a good weekend actually apart from the cold and rain. Went and saw some friends and took the dog out for some long walks.

I'm just hoping we hear tomorrow what's happening.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend too.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
After my sleep I did clear it out of my head. I had a good weekend actually apart from the cold and rain. Went and saw some friends and took the dog out for some long walks.

I'm just hoping we hear tomorrow what's happening.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend too.

The wait commences!! Next stage is thur/fri this week and next !
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
They must have to tell people today to expect them free for this Thursday lol
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
Is it email or tel. Call at this stage?

It will be an email.
But worth logging into the Northern Careers page to check also.
I got my notification there about 6 hours before I received the actual email.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
It will be an email.
But worth logging into the Northern Careers page to check also.
I got my notification there about 6 hours before I received the actual email.

I don't think I have logged off it lol!!! ....... The suspense!!!!!!....123 calmer!!
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
red18. have you received confirmation for the next stage or was that for the first stage?
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
I don't think I have logged off it lol!!! ....... The suspense!!!!!!....123 calmer!!

I'm getting used to the constant 'Butterflies' now. I think I'll miss it when it's gone.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
red18. have you received confirmation for the next stage or was that for the first stage?


I'm waiting for the Stage 2 results now.
Did them last Thursday.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I keep thinking about calling but don't think they will give any answers.

Well if I don't hear by wed ill ring as the next stage starts thurs , just don't like to pester, but do need to confirm day off with work
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
you're right about that, we can't be expected to turn up with a days notice. Although I am getting a sneaky suspicion the people who are going on Thursday this week might have been already emailed. everyone else will hear later on possibly.

I don't think I've checked my emails so much in my entire life. The send/receive button in outlook is wearing out, might have to get the wd40 on it!
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
you're right about that, we can't be expected to turn up with a days notice. Although I am getting a sneaky suspicion the people who are going on Thursday this week might have been already emailed. everyone else will hear later on possibly.

I don't think I've checked my emails so much in my entire life. The send/receive button in outlook is wearing out, might have to get the wd40 on it!

I blanked it all weekend but now it's getting me lol
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
The really funny thing is my inbox refreshes itself every 2 mins! So I don't even have to press the button. But I keep pressing it anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top