• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Been curious for a bit now, anyone know average numbers at certain stages?
So in this last wave (2nd jan) I'm told 7000 applied, roughly how many got dam interviews? How many dropped at that stage and have assessments....are the assessments day 1 only this Friday or does someone have a different date?

Wondering how many people feel confident that if through dm interview and assessment they should be fine?
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
(copied from a previous post)

I read a report for the RSSB that stated the average number of applicants per vacancy is 317. (this was in 2006)
Of the 317 34% (106) drop out before the sift leaving 211 to go into the sift.
Of the 211 only 31% (65) pass this sift.
Another 34% drop out before the Assessment Centre Leaving 43.
Of those 41% fail the assessment centre leaving 17.
Another 10% drop out before the final selection leaving 10.
In the final selection stage an average of 48% will pass Leaving 4.
2 of these will drop out before the medical leaving only 2 to go for the medical.
Of these 1 - 2 will pass and 1 will be recruited.

Obviously these figures are based on the average of 317 applications per position (and it was in 2006 so using the old tests) but you can see how the numbers are quickly reduced at each stage.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Lol, fantastic... Did it last for metrolink and we were sat in a square about 15 of us shoulder to shoulder, not the best!
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I'm there 9 am as well. Been practising but feel more nervous and a little excited as the time draws near. I don't mind exams. Its the fact that you only get two chances at this and then no more.
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
tell me about it. how did you find it? I thought the GB was OK and the last one the TEA OCC. But I just seemed to slow down on the dials. Im sure I got them right just did not go through as many as I thought I would, I might have been abducted by Aliens in the middle of that one! Good luck to everyone today, that was one fast assessment.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Found it all ok bar the last part, the noise from the room behind was rather annoying!
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
Found it all ok bar the last part, the noise from the room behind was rather annoying!

That was really really bad but was it part of the test lol ;)

Bourdon and dials I enjoyed, teaocc was a strange one for me, and yes the conference next door was a bit off putting
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I know the noise was annoying, anyhow all done now so lets see what happens. Good luck MadeinWigan, just get your head down and don't worry about it!
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
I know the noise was annoying, anyhow all done now so lets see what happens. Good luck MadeinWigan, just get your head down and don't worry about it!

Yes good luck and hopefully see you at stage 2!!
 

MadeinWigan

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2012
Messages
80
That was fun wasn't it! The bourdon was ok but I always think that until I mark it.

The other ones seemed ok, I guess we'll just have to wait. Nervy weekend for everyone?
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
That was fun wasn't it! The bourdon was ok but I always think that until I mark it.

The other ones seemed ok, I guess we'll just have to wait. Nervy weekend for everyone?

Quick wasn't it! How many in yours? 30 in ours
I'd say ill be biting my nails but they went waiting for the interview results lol
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
Yeah we had about 25-30. And time went by very quickly. My nails were gone waiting for the jobs to be advertised. I think I might go an chew on the dogs! I'm trying not to think about it to much. So got lots planned so that can keep my mind of it.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
Yeah we had about 25-30. And time went by very quickly. My nails were gone waiting for the jobs to be advertised. I think I might go an chew on the dogs! I'm trying not to think about it to much. So got lots planned so that can keep my mind of it.

Yeah me too , starting with a good Indian restaurant tonight with my team from work!! :P
 

MadeinWigan

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2012
Messages
80
It did seem to be over quickly. There didn't seem to be many internal folk there and it was all men.

A blowout seems like a good idea, got a few days for the nails to grow back.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
It did seem to be over quickly. There didn't seem to be many internal folk there and it was all men.

A blowout seems like a good idea, got a few days for the nails to grow back.

Mine was mostly internal!! Bout 5 or 6 external and 3 women:D
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
where were you sat louby. I was so focused that I forgot you were going to be there at the same time as me.
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
same here. I've even logged on to northern website in the hope that they might update that first. I was excited at first as it said progressed to the next stage of recruitment at OPC or DWS but I think it said that after the interview so back to the wait!
 

gholi06

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2013
Messages
75
I'm thinking that we should hear from them soonish though, as on the email they sent regarding the assessments the first lot of 2nd stage assessments are due to start on the 13th so they have to give everyone involved plenty of time don't they? Like a week at least?
 

Wall88

Member
Joined
3 Oct 2012
Messages
34
I'm thinking that we should hear from them soonish though, as on the email they sent regarding the assessments the first lot of 2nd stage assessments are due to start on the 13th so they have to give everyone involved plenty of time don't they? Like a week at least?


Took them a week to advise me id passed and gave me 6 days notice for the next stage. Dont think they need to give you as much time as you already have the practice stuff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top