185143
Established Member
- Joined
- 3 Mar 2013
- Messages
- 5,369
I boarded a Northern train at Stockport, the 05:56 to Sheffield. I had already purchased a rover last night, as it was convenient.
My two friends didn't have a ticket however, and the ticket office at Stockport was closed at that time in the morning, with the ticket not available from ticket machines.
The guard came through the train, who it should be noted if Northern Rail management are reading, was the most arrogant guard I have ever come across. She refused to sell my friends a weekend rover and would only sell a return to Sheffield, at the same fare as the rover! Stating that I should have purchased all three rovers last night! There is no requirement to pre purchase, as in on a different day from travel! and I wouldn't have a spare £27 in school anyway!
They were offered, as a favour, to alight at Hazel Grove and purchase the rover there. Not an option when you're going for the 08:03 Sheffield to Brigg!!
When we get no refund whatsoever from Northern, what is the best way to proceed?
UPDATE
heffield have issued rovers no problem at all
My two friends didn't have a ticket however, and the ticket office at Stockport was closed at that time in the morning, with the ticket not available from ticket machines.
The guard came through the train, who it should be noted if Northern Rail management are reading, was the most arrogant guard I have ever come across. She refused to sell my friends a weekend rover and would only sell a return to Sheffield, at the same fare as the rover! Stating that I should have purchased all three rovers last night! There is no requirement to pre purchase, as in on a different day from travel! and I wouldn't have a spare £27 in school anyway!
They were offered, as a favour, to alight at Hazel Grove and purchase the rover there. Not an option when you're going for the 08:03 Sheffield to Brigg!!
When we get no refund whatsoever from Northern, what is the best way to proceed?
UPDATE
Last edited: