• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail route Nottingham to Leeds services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
3 Aug 2009
Messages
204
Location
Derby
I have seen a Class 150 unit operate on the Leeds to Nottingham service instead of Class 158,

Why do Class 150 units operate on the Leeds to Nottingham service sometimes?,

When are they booked for on the Leeds to Nottingham services during Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday services?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WillPS

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2008
Messages
2,431
Location
Nottingham
When a 158 is unavailable, a 150 will be pulled off somewhere else (normally replaced by a Pacer). 2x153 and 155s have also shown up on occasion.

Pacers cannot operate the line the South of Chesterfield.
 
Joined
3 Aug 2009
Messages
204
Location
Derby
Why can't Pacers operate down the south of Chesterfield?, I thought that 153 units don't operate on the Leeds to Nottingham services?
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Why can't Pacers operate down the south of Chesterfield?, I thought that 153 units don't operate on the Leeds to Nottingham services?

Pacers aren't cleared to work over the line south of Chesterfield. I'm not sure why this has never been done, but in a way I'm thankful that it hasn't.

The only time I've seen 153s on the Nottingham run is when they've been working in multiple (2x 153) or tagged onto a 158 (I've only seen this on a Sunday).
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
153s might not work to Nottingham Solo, but on Wednesday there was one operating between Sheffield and Adwick.
 

WillPS

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2008
Messages
2,431
Location
Nottingham
Not that uncommon.

Any idea why there was an EMT 153 on Platform 3 in Sheffield this afternoon about 3pm?
 

tbtc

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Messages
18,061
Location
Reston City Centre
153s might not work to Nottingham Solo, but on Wednesday there was one operating between Sheffield and Adwick.

There's always at least one, often two single 153s on the Scunthorpe - Lincoln - Adwick services. This includes the unit which worked the previous day's Barton shuttle and the unit which will work the next day's Barton shuttle.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top