• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail medical question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
28 Apr 2016
Messages
29
Location
Manchester
Hi,

I have just passed the interview and have my medical for a trainee conductor roll on the 18/5/16 (to start on the 30/5/16) and noticed on the medical questionnaire that it asks 'Do you have a chronic chest disorder? (asthma etc)' - When I was younger I had asthma but am fit and healthy now (am 28) - would this affect me passing the conductor medical?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James_D

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2015
Messages
66
Location
Sunderland
I'd say if you dont have it now and it's not likely to reoccur or affect you in the future then i'd keep schtum.
 
Joined
28 Apr 2016
Messages
29
Location
Manchester
I'd say if you dont have it now and it's not likely to reoccur or affect you in the future then i'd keep schtum.

But if I don't mention it and they check my medical records, it could affect the job in the future as I would have lied before even starting the job. :|
 

Driver068

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2014
Messages
667
My opinion would be to seek advice of your local GP or NHS direct. If in the likely hood your condition can occur in your life time again then I would declare it. Not forgetting your applying for a safety critical role and your responsible for a large number of passengers on a daily basis.
On a separate note, Northern Rail franchise ended on the 31st March 2016. Its now Arriva Rail north, operating as just Northern lol.
 
Joined
28 Apr 2016
Messages
29
Location
Manchester
Just spoke to one of the recruitment people and she said it shouldn't be a problem. I mean it was years ago and the Army were willing to accept me, so I am hopeful :D
 

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2015
Messages
2,798
Location
Hull
On a separate note, Northern Rail franchise ended on the 31st March 2016. Its now Arriva Rail north, operating as just Northern lol.

Actually, it ended at 0200 1st April - I know as I was on the last train
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top