• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail - Fatigue guidelines, are they accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay_123

Member
Joined
18 Apr 2018
Messages
85
Hi all,

Recently applied for a job with northern and my application was rejected due to the 45 minute commute from the depot rule with google maps at 08:00.

I totally appreciate this rule however I currently live 2.5 miles away so this is virtually impossible even with heavy traffic as I take this route everyday, I also did a check myself this morning and was 15 minutes!

Is this just an automated email?

Thanks everyone
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alfpp

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2024
Messages
52
Location
Leeds
I believe they do check that. Especially if they’ve put that for the rejection reason. Otherwise you’d just have a unsuccessful email with nothing else more.
 

Jay_123

Member
Joined
18 Apr 2018
Messages
85
What did your email actually say?
Thank you for taking the time to submit your application for the Skilled Train Maintainer/ Driver -

We’re sorry to let you know that we won’t be able to move forward with your application. This position is safety-critical and falls under strict requirements set by our Safety Standards team. To ensure compliance with fatigue guidelines and safety protocols, candidates must live within a 45-minute commute from the depot, as calculated using Google Maps at 8:00 AM.




Based on your current location, you do not meet this requirement.



We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application and wish you every success in your future opportunities.



Kind Regards,
 

robt100

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2025
Messages
16
Location
Nr Newark
Worth contacting the recruitment team about it. Had to query mine as I'm 44mins or less at all times apart from one morning where it was 46mins, turns out that one 46mins was the time they took it from...
But they did reply rather quickly, so I'd contact them to clarify as maybe there has been a typo with the postcode (S1 instead of S21 for example) that has thrown it out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top