• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Conductor Training Leeds 04/03/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rcholmes85

Member
Joined
15 Feb 2019
Messages
12
Location
Barrow-in-Furness
Hey just seen your post. Sadly I won't be based in Leeds after training, I'll be based in Barrow-in-Furness where I live. Travelling down to Leeds on the 3rd and will be there through the week for all the training. Really looking forward to it.
 

MikeB89

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2019
Messages
17
Hey just seen your post. Sadly I won't be based in Leeds after training, I'll be based in Barrow-in-Furness where I live. Travelling down to Leeds on the 3rd and will be there through the week for all the training. Really looking forward to it.
I can't wait to get started. Bit apprehensive but that can only be a good thing
 

LewofHull

New Member
Joined
24 Feb 2019
Messages
1
Hi all looking to seek sone advice I have recently been informed that I have been successful at interview with Northern as a conductor. Just wondering the next stage is, what the medical consist of and how the training is planned out. Also I was told that salary increases to £28,250 upon completion of training is this straight away or after a period of time
 

Rcholmes85

Member
Joined
15 Feb 2019
Messages
12
Location
Barrow-in-Furness
I can't wait to get started. Bit apprehensive but that can only be a good thing

Just realised that this time next week I'll be in Leeds, the night before we start training!! Doesn't quite feel real yet because I'll still be working in Pharmacy until I finish my last shift on Thursday. I Can't wait to get started either. Surprisingly I'm not that apprehensive... going to do my dream job and the timing for it feels right. Think we're joining at the perfect time.
 

Rcholmes85

Member
Joined
15 Feb 2019
Messages
12
Location
Barrow-in-Furness
Hi all looking to seek sone advice I have recently been informed that I have been successful at interview with Northern as a conductor. Just wondering the next stage is, what the medical consist of and how the training is planned out. Also I was told that salary increases to £28,250 upon completion of training is this straight away or after a period of time

Medical includes urine test/drug test, alcohol breath test, eye sight tests (reading up close, distance, and colour blind test) audiology test to check hearing, bmi check, blood pressure check, full medical history questionnaire, and assess that u can communicate verbally with clear speach.

I'm short sighted and was worried that I would need to be able to reach a certain standard without glasses... this isn't the case. As long as you can see with corrective lenses that's fine.

Good luck with your medical, if you're fit and healthy you've nothing to worry about.
 

Candyat30

New Member
Joined
8 Mar 2019
Messages
2
Hello, I just want to ask about the interview.. I had my assessment last February and the last part of it were role play and interview.. I received an email that I passed so next stage is interview with the Conductor Manager next week. Anyone here who experienced two interviews, the first one is the structured. So I do not know if the manager will ask again about situations.

Any reply really appreciate it.. Thank you
 

MikeB89

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2019
Messages
17
Hello, I just want to ask about the interview.. I had my assessment last February and the last part of it were role play and interview.. I received an email that I passed so next stage is interview with the Conductor Manager next week. Anyone here who experienced two interviews, the first one is the structured. So I do not know if the manager will ask again about situations.

Any reply really appreciate it.. Thank you
Hi, unfortunately I can't offer much help there. the process for me was one interview but was in two parts. First part was a group exercise and part two was an individual interview.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top