• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail conductor recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissP123

New Member
Joined
1 Jun 2018
Messages
2
Hi,

So I recently applied for the trainee conductor job for Manchester. I had the interview a few weeks ago and the next day found out I had passed. Exactly a week later I had my medical and was told if I don’t hear anything within 4 days I should take it as I passed my medical. It’s now been a week and a bit since the 4 days past and haven’t heard anything regarding if I passed my medical and if so what the next steps are i.e start date/references. I’ve tried emailing them to ask several times but haven’t heard anything back. Anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back regarding a passed medical?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Worldwide

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2016
Messages
209
Hi,

So I recently applied for the trainee conductor job for Manchester. I had the interview a few weeks ago and the next day found out I had passed. Exactly a week later I had my medical and was told if I don’t hear anything within 4 days I should take it as I passed my medical. It’s now been a week and a bit since the 4 days past and haven’t heard anything regarding if I passed my medical and if so what the next steps are i.e start date/references. I’ve tried emailing them to ask several times but haven’t heard anything back. Anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back regarding a passed medical?

You’ll be better off calling them on 01904 568101
 

swill90

New Member
Joined
4 Jun 2018
Messages
1
I too attended the trainee conductor interviews in Manchester,I had the email a week later with the good news.

I still haven’t heard anything in regards to the next steps (medical etc),it’s been 10 days now since I had the successful email.

Is this normal? That’s great that you had your successful email and medical so quickly,I just wish mine was moving as fast.

I have contacted northern and was told they are waiting for information from the recruitment team,I think I may try again.

Kind Regards
 

Havenscroft86

New Member
Joined
19 Jun 2018
Messages
2
I got a verbal offer on the 8th june after interviewing on the 7th. But all quiet since. emailed got told to wait but I'm just wondering how long i might be waiting. My notice is in at my last place perhaps a naive move on my part, but could do with getting a timeframe soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top