• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail - Complaint about a Train Guard/Ticket Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkender102

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2010
Messages
539
Location
Hawarden
My son has just experienced horrible behaviour from a Train Guard towards an Indian Man who couldn't speak much English. Service is 19:26 Chester to Leeds. He's going to make a complaint - I assume Online on Northern Rail Website. I've told him to get the guys name/number from his badge and also roughly time and between which stations. Any other advice? Totally uncalled for and I think will result in Disciplinary Action / Retraining / Suspension. What is wrong with some people?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,563
Location
LBK
Be advised he won’t hear the results of his complaint, just a couple of paragraphs “we expect all our staff to be courteous and helpful, sorry” and then that’ll be that, at least for the response to him.

Unfortunately complaints from a third party may be difficult to action where the allegedly affected party hasn’t complained themselves, but I think it is always worth writing just in case.
 
Joined
25 Aug 2019
Messages
499
Location
Lancaster
Could it be reported to the police as being a hate crime? In my experience, they're quick off the mark to respond to that.
 

InkyScrolls

On Moderation
Joined
20 Jul 2022
Messages
1,460
Location
North of England
My son has just experienced horrible behaviour from a Train Guard towards an Indian Man who couldn't speak much English. Service is 19:26 Chester to Leeds. He's going to make a complaint - I assume Online on Northern Rail Website. I've told him to get the guys name/number from his badge and also roughly time and between which stations. Any other advice? Totally uncalled for and I think will result in Disciplinary Action / Retraining / Suspension. What is wrong with some people?
What specifically happened?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top