• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Maintenance Depot Driver Heaton Depot - Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
30 Jul 2018
Messages
10
Thanks much appreciated ! And I am new to all this forum carry on so still working out how to get the full use of it, and what is MMI ? And what does that consist of thanks again.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
30 Jul 2018
Messages
10
You don’t have any links by any chance or sort of point me in the right direction on threads etc thanks again.
 

Duns2208

Member
Joined
25 May 2017
Messages
73
MMI is a competency based interview where you’ll first be asked to write down times when you demonstrated certain behaviours “tell me about how you reacted in an emergency situation?” etc. From memory there are 5/6 scenarios.

If you got through the driver interview though you’ll be fine just use same technique. What was situation, what did you do, what actions you took and what was outcome. If you search MMI in the threads you should find some other info.

After you’ve wrote them down you then get an interview with one of the assessors about your answers. The MMI usually lasts between 60-90 minutes but unlike the driver interview I found they prompt you more to elaborate on some areas if you’ve not given them enough. They really do try to help.
 

Anth82

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2017
Messages
28
Hi Mark, I was successful at interview as well but had already completed my testing day so have been offered a start date already. I've sent you a pm pm so if there is anything I can do to help drop me a line
 
Joined
30 Jul 2018
Messages
10
Hi Mark, I was successful at interview as well but had already completed my testing day so have been offered a start date already. I've sent you a pm pm so if there is anything I can do to help drop me a line
Thanks mate I will drop you a message later on after work thanks again.
 

Pault

New Member
Joined
9 Jul 2018
Messages
2
Hi Mark, I was successful at interview as well but had already completed my testing day so have been offered a start date already. I've sent you a pm pm so if there is anything I can do to help drop me a line
Alright Anth i have an interview on the 3rd of january for MDD at Heaton depo can you give me any insight on how Northern/Arriva intervew? Cheers Paul
 

FoHa71

Member
Joined
26 Nov 2019
Messages
5
Location
North Tyneside
Hi
New here
Just received an interview date for MDD vacancies at Heaton
Any tips or pointers would be much appreciated
 

Cyclist

Member
Joined
5 May 2018
Messages
333
congratulations on getting your interview.
they'll likely be asking you competency-based questions relating to skills which are relevant for the job. e.g. tell me a time you followed rules and procedures.

I've applied for the same role and mine is marked "end of process" and I haven't been emailed so presumably I haven't been successful but I've emailed HR to find out.
 

FoHa71

Member
Joined
26 Nov 2019
Messages
5
Location
North Tyneside
congratulations on getting your interview.
they'll likely be asking you competency-based questions relating to skills which are relevant for the job. e.g. tell me a time you followed rules and procedures.

I've applied for the same role and mine is marked "end of process" and I haven't been emailed so presumably I haven't been successful but I've emailed HR to find out.
Excellent thank you
I'm going to read up on Northern as they always ask what do you know about the company...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top