• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Conductors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
9 Mar 2020
Messages
5
Location
Greater Manchester
Hi all

Is there anyone here either fresh out of training or been a conductor for northern for about 8-12 months? I have some questions.
Do you remember the initial first online test you did to test suitably to the role?

I have passed this and now onto the next stage, what are the next stages? Is there still a psychometric test that you do? Do the questions in the initial test get brought up? Or is it just an interview then medical?
Do you remember what was asked in the interviews. I just want to be prepared now
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tbone20

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2019
Messages
44
Hi all

Is there anyone here either fresh out of training or been a conductor for northern for about 8-12 months? I have some questions.
Do you remember the initial first online test you did to test suitably to the role?

I have passed this and now onto the next stage, what are the next stages? Is there still a psychometric test that you do? Do the questions in the initial test get brought up? Or is it just an interview then medical?
Do you remember what was asked in the interviews. I just want to be prepared now
[/I am also interested
 

ILoveLamp

Member
Joined
22 Nov 2019
Messages
215
Location
North Uk
Hi all

Is there anyone here either fresh out of training or been a conductor for northern for about 8-12 months? I have some questions.
Do you remember the initial first online test you did to test suitably to the role?

I have passed this and now onto the next stage, what are the next stages? Is there still a psychometric test that you do? Do the questions in the initial test get brought up? Or is it just an interview then medical?
Do you remember what was asked in the interviews. I just want to be prepared now

not a reply to your question, but going by your profile name and picture I was just imagining what it would be like if Jason Voorhees was actually a conductor and the reaction of the punters! Especially the non-paying ones!! Ha..
 
Last edited:

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,882
Hi all

Is there anyone here either fresh out of training or been a conductor for northern for about 8-12 months? I have some questions.
Do you remember the initial first online test you did to test suitably to the role?

I have passed this and now onto the next stage, what are the next stages? Is there still a psychometric test that you do? Do the questions in the initial test get brought up? Or is it just an interview then medical?
Do you remember what was asked in the interviews. I just want to be prepared now
From what I remember it was:
Application form
Psychometric testing online (2 tests?)
Interview and group exercise
Medical

But that was under Arriva and before the switch to the new careers site, so I don't know if it'll have changed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top