• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern applicants have you heard back yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morecambe

Member
Joined
23 Mar 2013
Messages
17
hey just wondering if anybody has heard back about Darlington positions yet for trainee driver roles?? cheers
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

daveyf1975

Member
Joined
19 Aug 2012
Messages
18
yes - twice. I got an email in late November saying I was unsuccesfull as an internal candidate - they had withdrawn the position I think ( cant really remember ) and then one another one last week saying the same.
 

TMLB UK

Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
272
Location
UK
hey just wondering if anybody has heard back about Darlington positions yet for trainee driver roles?? cheers

Check your PM's

I had a successful managers interview this week and have an assessment date next week.
 

jake27287

New Member
Joined
19 Apr 2013
Messages
2
Im new to this place, Ive applied for the darlington job and I'm still waiting to hear back, hopefully find out in the next week or two!
Good luck!
 

Jonesy92

New Member
Joined
1 Nov 2011
Messages
3
Add another to the mix... I also applied and I'm still awaiting shortlisting.
The wait is truly agonising! xD
 

TMLB UK

Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
272
Location
UK
I heard final assessments took place last week.... Im staring at the phone 24/7!!
 

Jonesy92

New Member
Joined
1 Nov 2011
Messages
3
Hmm... All this talk of interviews and assessments is disheartening...
I'll ring tomorrow and see what's what.

So you've already had your interview and been for an assessment Chris?
 

TMLB UK

Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
272
Location
UK
Hmm... All this talk of interviews and assessments is disheartening...
I'll ring tomorrow and see what's what.

So you've already had your interview and been for an assessment Chris?

Yeah for Darlington I passed interview 3 weeks ago and assessment 2 weeks ago. Passed them both but still not heard anything. I'm internal but think there were externals for interview aswel.

I'd be interested to hear what they say anyway. I rang them a few weeks ago and they said the last assessments were Friday just gone.
 

Jonesy92

New Member
Joined
1 Nov 2011
Messages
3
Well a hearty well-done for getting as far as you have pal ;)

Thing is, if they've finished the assessments, one might assume that they would've told me by now I'd been unsuccessful by now having not yet even been invited to an interview.

I'm not being pessimistic, mind you, just trying to think logically, but who knows.

Uhm... at risk of sounding an eediot, where on Earth do I find an appropriate number having looked high and low? :s
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Let's not also forget the footnote at the end of the description:

'Please note that we are recruiting for a training course which is due to commence in June. There are limited places available on this course therefore candidates may be held in our Talent Pool to be considered for vacancies during the remainder of 2013.'

June isn't far very away now!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A-ha!
Just been informed to my dismay that I haven't been successful.

Nonetheless, I now need to think of something to do with my life before my next chance to apply for an opportunity such as this.
 

TMLB UK

Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
272
Location
UK
Sorry to hear of your news.... keep trying though if you want it enough you will get it.

I still haven't heard, im hoping that I hear tomorrow as its killing me not knowing!
 

lefty90

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2013
Messages
5
I passed the assessment day at Doncaster over 2 weeks ago, I was given an information sheet which stated I would hear back from Northern either way within 4 days but I am yet to hear anything. I don't know whether I should contact them or just remain patient? It is getting quite close to June now which was the proposed start of the course for the role I applied for.
 

TMLB UK

Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
272
Location
UK
I passed the assessment day at Doncaster over 2 weeks ago, I was given an information sheet which stated I would hear back from Northern either way within 4 days but I am yet to hear anything. I don't know whether I should contact them or just remain patient? It is getting quite close to June now which was the proposed start of the course for the role I applied for.

What location? As you've hopefully read above I'm in the same boat. Last assessments took place last week so fingers crossed we will hear this week. Ill be getting in touch Friday if not. Someone on here got 2 weeks notice for there start date just last week!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top