• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northallerton to London k cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernsam

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2010
Messages
5
Hey, does any one know the cheapest way to northallerton to London kings cross return on sat April 20th arriving any time before 1 then returning any time after 6, best I've found is approximately £90, (no rail card)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,443
Location
Yorkshire
The fare you found (£91.60) is available for purchase on board the Grand Central train (0942 from Northallerton & 1912 from London), but you can reduce the price to £87.50 by purchasing Advance singles on the same trains. Personally I do not think that the saving is worth it.

You want the cheapest? If I tell you the cheapest, which I calculate to be £69.90, will you actually take that route? I rather suspect not.

The cheapest combination of tickets, for a day return, amounts to £75.50. Are you prepared to gia Sherburn in Elmet, Bolton on Dearn, Netherfield and Grantham? The train must call at all those stations.

I see a lot of requests for the cheapest, but I am not sure that is what people really want, and it is rarely good value!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top