• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northallerton Disruption Yesterday (24/02/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveP29

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2011
Messages
1,181
Location
Edinburgh/ Chester le Street
I was affected by the unfortunate events in the title.

I was delayed by 90 minutes (Newcastle- Edinburgh)

Without thinking, I binned my tickets at the first bin I came to, completely forgetting that I would qualify for delay repay.

Is it still worth putting my claim in and a covering letter explaining what happened, or do I just take the hit for my stupidity?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mm333

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2008
Messages
776
Location
53.8331°N 1.7734°W
Did you buy your tickets in advance? Do you have a receipt to show you were booked on that train? If so, there's no harm in writing a letter and sending a copy of the receipt with it.

If you don't ask, you don't get.
 

SteveP29

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2011
Messages
1,181
Location
Edinburgh/ Chester le Street
Did you buy your tickets in advance? Do you have a receipt to show you were booked on that train? If so, there's no harm in writing a letter and sending a copy of the receipt with it.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

Yes, it was booked in advance via the East Coast website.

Stupid thing is, today I printed out and filled in Cross Country's delay repay form, then realised on my way home from work I'd discarded the tickets. I'm so dopey at times!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top