• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Woolwich; not quite an ex-station

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJG3

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2015
Messages
55
For some bizarre reason, Newtongrange, on the reopened portion of the Waverley Route, appears as "North Woolwich" on the GWR booking engine. The original North Woolwich 3 letter code was "NWW". Type in "NEG" into the GWR booking engine, and lo and behold it appears!?! I tried typing in "NEG" on the VTWC site, and "Newtongrange" does appear. Surely some mistake, or is someone having a laugh?

Can anyone shed kindly some light on this?

Thanks,

Andrew
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IrishDave

Member
Joined
30 Jun 2009
Messages
471
Location
Brighton
The four-digit National Location Code 6929 was re-used for Newtongrange, having formerly been allocated to North Woolwich — the GWR website must be using an old list of NLCs. I have no idea why the code would be reused rather than using a fresh number — while I do remember a discussion somewhere on this forum as to why, I can't find it now.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top