• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Wales Coast by steam 1907 (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2013
Messages
1,510
Location
Llandudno
I came across this on a local history page on facebook yesterday.

Somebody has done a marvellous job of cleaning up the footage so I thought it would be nice to share it here.

This is a great little video of the Irish mail amongst other trains.

 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2009
Messages
6,105
Location
North Wales
A very interesting watch, thank you.

A shorter film, from a decade earlier, of the railway around Conwy can be viewed on the BFI website here.
 

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
Very atmospheric. In some ways not so much has changed compared to the road network in the area
 

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2013
Messages
1,510
Location
Llandudno
wow I grew up in Gyffin , to see the lack of buildings and wide open landscape in video rather than pictures is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I love history, especially railway history and especially when I can see where my house I grew up in would soon be built!!
 

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
wow I grew up in Gyffin , to see the lack of buildings and wide open landscape in video rather than pictures is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I love history, especially railway history and especially when I can see where my house I grew up in would soon be built!!
So did I! Titches Chippy
 

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2013
Messages
1,510
Location
Llandudno
So did I! Titches Chippy


Small world. I lived on the woodlands, opposite where Cadnant school was. Funny it hadn't even been built in either of them videos and has now gone forever while very little of the railway has changed in over a hundred years. (bar the down sizing obviously)
 

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
Indeed it is. I went to Ysgol Gyffin for a time and lived in New Street - dinky terrace houses
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
I saw a link to this vid on the Britain's railways remembered facebook group earlier in the week, definitely worth a watch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top